Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Lola

Hi Isobel, Mikey, Dilly & Bella,

Thanks for your reassurance, it's a wee shame seeing her get into such a state. She nearly pulled me over in her panic to get away. I noted her getting a bit tense when we started our walk today as well when she saw a man on a motability scooter and a woman beside him dressed in black, so I crossed the road and she settled down again.

Apart from that she is great, still doing the mental zooming in the morning, she is so funny, I think she knows it makes me laugh by the expression on her face. Her coat looks fantastic, really shiny, the hair is growing back on her bum and she doesn't have big baldy white thighs any more

Teresa X

Hi Teresa I feel your pain we had willow aka girlie for nearly three years now and she is terrified of dogs any dogs big and small so as you can imagine her walks are a nightmare we try to walk her when it's quiet and I fight most days with people who don't have their dogs on leads as I'm scared they come running up to her she shakes and pulls to but we are used to it now funny because she lives no problem with our cat ha ha 😳😳😳x

Hi Teresa,

I'd just take her when there are no kids about, just avoid school times, problem solved. If she doesn't like something why make her face it if she doesn't have to?

Hi Gill,

What a shame, that must be really difficult. You just highlighted my pet hate too, owners with their dogs off the leads. Especially little, yappy, fluffy ones who insist on running right up to Lola. One of them even said, don't worry, he won't bite her!??? Although Lola was ok I was so glad she had her muzzle on, just in case. I notice she doesn't react to small furries. . . Until they run away from her, then she's very interested, especially if it's a cat!

Teresa

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't sure if it would be better to try to help her overcome her fear or avoid it. I'd prefer to avoid it, not just because of her distress, but because I'm worried that she'll pull me over or get away. I don't normally walk her when the school is coming out, but it was so obvious on those few occasions that she got into a state and I'd never seen that behaviour before.

Teresa