Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PETITION TO STOP SENDING GREYHOUNDS TO CHINA TO THEIR DEATH - PLEASE SIGN

Greyhound advocates across the world are unreservedly appalled that nine Irish greyhounds have been sent to Macau, China, to be raced at a stadium which has been referred to across the board as “a hellhole” for greyhounds in terms of overall welfare.

At the notorious Canidrome Stadium in Macau:

800 greyhounds live in solitary confinement in squalid kennels, sleeping on wooden slats.
The greyhounds are quite literally raced to death; if they do not come in the top three in five consecutive races, they are killed.
There is no legitimate rehoming program at the Canidrome.
The greyhounds at the Canidrome will be dead just three years after arriving, if not before.

Please sign the petition by copying and pasting the link.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/en-gb/takeaction/108/973/791/?z00m=27851958&redirectID=2056932806

Anji x

Re: PETITION TO STOP SENDING GREYHOUNDS TO CHINA TO THEIR DEATH - PLEASE SIGN

Thanks Anji, have signed and will spread the word.
I suppose with the demise of some racing stadia in the UK, unscrupulous breeders are looking further afield. The potential for stress and suffering is beyond belief.

Hi Anji,

I have signed and shared the petition.

Teresa

I have signed and shared this petition. Also one imploring Lufthansa not to transport live greys to China - they seem to be the main culprit carrier. As long as decent civilised people ignore this it will go on, although I sometimes wonder if our pleas are falling on deaf ears. I am truly saddened by the horrors these poor dogs will endure and despair of my human race.

Hi Anji

This is appalling! I have signed the petition.

Best, Jo

Signed

Am signing right now.
Jimmy.

My heart is breaking for those poor Greyhounds. Wish there was something else we could do to help them. Can we not also sent a petition to Ireland to try and stop this. Whoever is sending them from Ireland, should be ashamed of themselves. I have signed the petition and Richard will sign it also.

Signed, and will forward the link to friends.

Signed.
David& Lynn