Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Beautiful Ruby went to Rainbow Bridge this morning

I just want to thank everyone for your kind messages over the last few weeks. Ruby had another x-ray this morning and she had bone cancer in he shoulder. We had to let her pass away.
My husband Jim was home so we were both with her. We are both absolutely heart broken.
I'm keeping this short because I can hardly see for the tears falling but we just wanted to thank Celia and Jimmy from the bottom of our hearts for giving us such an amazing, beautiful, wonderful dog. She gave us 7 years of joy and we don't know yet what we will do without her.

Susan & Jim x

Re: My Beautiful Ruby went to Rainbow Bridge this morning

Hi Susan and Jim.
We're so very, very sorry to hear that dear wee Ruby has gone.
We remember her. She was beautiful.
Thank you so much for giving her seven years of love and affection. She knew that.
RIP dear wee Ruby. Run pain free over Rainbow Bridge.
Auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy.

Oh Susan,

We are so, so sorry to hear that Ruby has left for the Rainbow Bridge.

You made the last show of love by allowing Ruby to go when the time was right for her ... she would thank you for that and, perhaps, she held on until her Daddy was there too, to comfort you.

You are bound to be heartbroken - we can't imagine what you are going through, but send our love & prayers to you & Jim.

Run free, over the Rainbow Bridge, darling Ruby ~ you will live on in the hearts of your Mummy & Daddy forever.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

So So sorry to hear the tragic news and our thoughts are with you at this difficult and stressful time.... We lost our Sally and Duke within a year and we will never forget them.....but thanks to our new additions Cody and little Ruby we are beginning to come to terms with things ........ Run free RUBY and say hello to Sally and Duke when you meet them over the bridge ....xxxx

Susan and Jim, we are heartbroken for you and know exactly the pain that you are going through, as do many of us on the forum, who have lost their beloved Greyhounds.

We went through the same sort of thing with our big Leo. We were told it was arthritis, by a vet in the Western Isles, when we were on holiday there. He had been stiff for a while and was limping a lot while we were there. When we got home, our own vet x-rayed him and before we could even go to pick him up again, after the x-ray, they phoned to say it was bone cancer in his leg and that the leg could break at any time. They suggested that he was put to sleep, while he was still dopey from the anaesthetic. We did not get time to prepare for him being put to sleep and had to rush to be with him, before they did it. We were with him when he passed over, holding his paws and it was one of the saddest things, we have ever had to do.

Please believe us when we say that the pain will ease in time. You will never forget your beautiful Ruby and the happy times you had with her. You did the kindest and bravest thing you could do for your darling girl, even though it was the hardest thing you have probably ever done.

Although we still had Carrie at home, our girl Greyhound and Leo's girlfriend, who we adopted together, the pain was no less severe. She still needed care and our love, which helped us to bear the pain a little of losing Leo. We then decided after a few weeks, that maybe if we adopted another Greyhound, that this would help heal our hearts a little too.

We went to see Celia and Jimmy and after seeing all those beautiful Greyhounds still waiting to be loved and cared for in their forever home, we ended up taking 2, not 1. This gave 4 Greyhounds the chance of finding a forever home, (by adopting the 2, it gave space at the kennels for another 2, giving them a chance of finding a forever home).

Knowing that we had helped 4 other Greyhounds, because of having to let our beloved Leo go over the Rainbow Bridge, really helped us come to terms with losing him. We know he would be pleased at what we did for some of his friends at the kennels and we think he showed us a sign that he did, as we saw a big rainbow on the way to the kennels and it was still there, near the Edinburgh bypass, on our way home with our new fur babies. A lot of our pain lifted that day, when we saw the rainbows.

We still think of him all the time and I still cry lots for him, but the pain does ease Susan and Jim. Ruby will be thanking you from heaven, for saving her from severe pain and for giving her 7 fun filled, loving years of happiness. She will now be playing happily, pain free, with Leo and all the many other fur babies who have gone over the bridge. So when you next see a rainbow, just think of her and all the other fur babies, and imagine them all playing and running about happily with each other and it will make you smile.

We are sending you lots of love and big hugs and will be thinking of you. Carrie, Squeek and Spot would lick your tears away if they saw how sad your were and Squeek would wag his little half tail to try and make you happy again.

Lots of love, Liz, Richard, Carrie, Squeek & Spot xxxxx

So sorry to hear your devastating news. Our thoughts are with you.

Susan and Jim
We are so sorry to hear your news. Having lost our boy Ace 4 weeks ago today we and many others on here know the pain you are going through.
Please remember all the good times with Ruby, and be happy in the knowledge that you have given her the last gift of love by letting her go.
She will be over the bridge with lots of friends, they will show her the way but she will always be looking down on you with love in her heart.

Thinking of you both
Kaz & Pat

So so sorry to hear your sad news, as others have said, it's never easy letting them go and they never leave you. I'm tearing up as it reminds me of my first dog who I lost 19 years ago. You gave her a happy life while she was with you, take comfort from the many happy memories you have x

Thinking of both of you ~ it's such a difficult thing to do but she's free from pain and you gave her the best life she could have had.

Having been through the loss of our boy Billy in May we can feel your pain.

It is not easy when they have to make their final race in this life but you have done the right thing and Ruby will thank you for releasing her from pain.

Over time it does get easier but you can never forget the beautiful memories etched in you minds and heart that you will have forever till you all meet again.

Billy along with the other hounds that have crossed the Rainbow Bridge will make sure she is safe and knows where to go with a paw to hold on to comfort Ruby.

We are thinking about you at this sad time.

George, Morag
Lassie
And Ace who we adopted in Billy's memory about a month after Billy passed away, The house was to quiet with just one dog.

Take Care and look after each other, Ruby would want that.

Susan,

We are so sorry to hear about Ruby. We know the pain you are going through because our Sandy left us recently for the bridge.

Just remember the greyhounds wish:

"When I die, let it be as a pet, so that someone will remember me."

So like Ruby, Sandy and all the other fabulous dogs who have gone over the bridge - they will never be forgotten.

They will always be in our hearts

Take care of yourself

Jan, Irene and Bert

Ruby waited for her Dad to get home to say goodbye - what a good, brave girl.
When the time comes that no amount of love and care can fix them, it's time to absorb their physical suffering into our own grief at losing them and let go.

We understand how you must be feeling and are thinking about you. It is just so heart wrenchingly sad to lose one of these wonderful creatures. Thank goodness she had a warm loving home over her final years. All of us who have endured the same thing are sure our dear departed will be waiting for her and see her safely over the bridge. xxx

Thinking of you and send our love xxxx

So sorry to hear about Ruby, just read the post as we've had problems with internet connection. So glad both her mummy and daddy were with her when she went to the rainbow bridge, its heartbreaking and know how you're feeling just now.
David, Lynn & Missy xx