Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bess - Mending my Broken Heart

I just want to say a big heart felt thank you to all of you wonderful people out there that sent me such kind messages when I lost my beautiful Ruby on the 27th July.
I couldn't function, my heart was and still is truly broken to lose my little girl, however, I would like you all to know that on Thursday 4th August my husband Jim and I drove down from Aberdeen to see Celia and Jimmy and we now have another little girl - Bess!
She is settling in well and we love her. She has inherited all of Ruby's comforts and she is truly helping to mend my broken heart. Ruby would be thrilled that her bed and bowl have gone to a fellow hound in need of a home.
The house was too quiet without Ruby, and it is so good to hear those paw steps again. I have posted some pictures of her.
Ruby will always live on in our hearts. We have set up a monthly donation to GRF in her memory.

Susan, Jim & Bess

Re: Bess - Mending my Broken Heart

Hi Susan & Jim,

We are so delighted to hear of your new addition!

I have often quoted the piece below, and am sure you will have already seen it, but am quite sure that this is what Ruby would have said, if she could have:

"A Dog's Last Will and Testament:

Before humans die, they write their last will and testament, giving their home and all they have to those they leave behind.

If, with my paws, I could do the same, this is what I’d ask …

To a poor and lonely stray, I’d give my happy home; my bowl and cosy bed, soft pillow and all my toys; the lap, which I loved so much; the hand that stroked my fur; and the sweet voice that spoke my name.

I’d will to the sad, scared, shelter dog the place I had in my human’s loving heart, of which there seemed no bounds.

So, when I die, please do not say, “I will never have a pet again, for the loss and the pain is more than I can stand.” Instead, go find an unloved dog, one whose life has held no joy or hope, and give my place to her.

This is the only thing I can give … the love I left behind.

Author Unknown"

We wish you, and Bess, many happy and healthy years together, and Ruby will be watching over you all, her heart bursting with love and pride, from the Rainbow Bridge.

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Thank you Susan,

I actually read this and it is what convinced me to give another Grey a home in Ruby's memory. Thank you for your kind wishes

Susan.

Some pictures of Bess.

Here are some pictures of Bess settling into her new home.

Bess.

Bess.

Bess.

Bess.

Re: Some pictures of Bess.

She looks very happy with her new home. I hope you have many happy years together

Re: Some pictures of Bess.

Hi Susan, Jim and Bess.
We're so glad Bess is helping you through your bad time.
Thank you for taking her into your home.
The photos are great. I see Ruby looking on approvingly.
Jimmy and Celia.

Great news. I'm sure Ruby knew
she was well loved and she would not want her family to be sad. Bess looks like the perfect fit for your family

Xxxxx

We did exactly the same when we lost our lovely boy Ace. Pat and I and also our lurcher Jade just couldn't cope with the space Ace left behind. So we brought Bob home. Both he and Ruby will be playing together and looking down with love in their hearts and big smiles because we have given another homeless greyhound a home.

Bess looks gorgeous.

Wishing you many years of fun and laughter together.

Kaz, Pat
Bob and Jade

Awww she looks settled lots of love your way Susan and Jim and hope you have many happy years of fun and laughter your way gill John and willow xxxx

Hello Susan, Jim and Bess, we are so happy for you that Bess has helped to ease your pain of losing Ruby a little. It will get easier as time goes by. We felt so sad for you both when we read about Ruby, as we all did on the forum not doubt.

You will never forgot Ruby and always love her forever. She will be so pleased that you have given the chance of a happy life to two more Greyhounds, Bess and the new Greyhound that now has her empty kennel.

The pain does take a long time to ease, but we know from experience that adopting another Greyhound does help to ease that pain. We ended up adopting two Greyhounds after losing our big boy Leo, so we now have three. We could not live without a Greyhound now in our house.

Bess is a beautiful little girl and looks so happy in your home. No wonder, what a beautiful home and garden she now has and a very loving Mummy and Daddy. I bet she cannot believe her luck!

We are so happy for you both and little Bess. Your story has helped us with the heartbreak we are going through this week. On the 5th August, we lost our "part-time foster dog" Harvey, aged 12, who we have looked after every Sunday and Monday for over 8 years - more about him on Bert's Greyhound Coats piece above. He was the first Greyhound to come into our home, (but not the last)! So thank you for cheering us up a little bit with your fabulous news.

May you all have lots of healthy, happy years together in the future Ruby will be waiting to take Harvey's big golden paw at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lots of love to you all and thank you so much for giving another two Greyhound the chance of a loving forever home.

Best wishes, Liz, Richard, Squeek, Spot & Carrie xxxxx

Susan and Jim

I am so pleased that you have taken Bess. She is a beautiful, lucky girl and I am sure that you will have many happy years with her.

Best Wishes
Norman