Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greyhound rain macs

Rain macs are now available at the kennels @£8.50 or I can post them to you.
Postage is £1.20 please call on 07742566873.
When you buy from GRF all the money goes towards the care of our dogs and the upkeep of the kennels.
Colours available purple, blue, red, black, dark green, all with contrasting piping and black tiers. Sizes 26" 28" 30"

Re: Greyhound rain macs

Hi Bert,

Thank you so much for sending me a purple raincoat, as promised at the Greyhound Show in Musselburgh. Will I just pay the money straight into the Rescue's bank account, or would you prefer payment another way. I would email Celia and Jimmy to let them know that the money had been deposited in the Rescue's account, so they know what it was for.

I should have got back to you a couple of days ago, but I have been too sad to do anything very much but cry, since last Saturday. We lost our big beautiful "part-time foster dog Harvey", as we liked to call him. He was 12 and was having problems trying to get up and could hardly walk any distance. Last week he just could not stand up at all. He had been on painkillers for quite a long time, due to arthritis, but in the end they were not helping him.

He was the most beautiful, very large, fawn Greyhound, with black around his eyes, like he had eyeliner on. We have looked after him for over 8 years, every Sunday and Monday, as his mummy and daddy do not keep very well and thought the company would be good for him.

He loved coming for his "sleepovers" and had great fun with his Greyhounds friends at our house. It was good company for him being with them, as he used to be a dog who was scared of everything and even going outside.

He was our first Greyhound, so to speak, as we had not rescued any Greyhounds when we first got him. We were both still working at the time and we had decided not to have a dog until I retired from work, but as soon as I retired in 2010, we went to the kennels and adopted Carrie and the late Leo and have not looked back since. Once you have one Greyhound, you cannot live with them!

I am heartbroken Bert and cannot stop crying, but I know the pain will ease in time, having lost our big beautiful boy Leo, who I still cry over, when I look at his photos, but the pain is not as bad and I can think of all the good times we had with him now.

Harvey's mum is going to give us some of Harvey's ashes to keep, which will be a comfort to us. They will have pride of place beside Leo's ashes in our home.

Once you let me know about where to send the money for the raincoat Bert, I will pay for it straight away. Sorry for the big sad message about Harvey, but I know you will understand our grief, having just been through the same thing yourselves. Best wishes, Liz.

We are so very sorry to hear about Harvey,we know exactly what you are going through at this very sad time ,it helps when you remember the good times, the funny times and just the everyday things that go to make these dogs the most fantastic pets.
I spoke to Allison Brown re the table at the Greyhound Gathering next year she said it would be ok but would speak nearer the time.
You can pay for mac via the donation button.
Regards
Bert

Thanks for letting me know Bert, I will do that now. Looking forward to next year's show already. Kind regards, Liz.

Hi Bert,

I would like to buy a 28inch red waterproof jacket for my dog Jake. I am planning to go to the walk this Sunday if you are to be there I could make payment then or via the site if that is easier if you wanted to post it out.
Let me know what would be the most convenient for you.

Kind regards,
Beth Gow

Beth we cannot make any of the walks but if you send me your address I will post it to you and just pay using the donation button .
send your address to robert_mccurdy@sky.com

Thanks Bert.

I will do that .

kind regards
Beth

Hi Bert,

Thanks so much for sending out Jake's rain Mac so quickly, it arrived today. It is a perfect fit and I suspect we will be trying it out this weekend if the forecast is anything to go by!
It will be really handy to take on longer walks as it folds up nice and small.

Kind regards,
Beth

Hi Bert,

Can you leave a black 28" rain mac at kennels for me, next time your there.

Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen
There are rain macs and blizzard coats at the kennels I only got part of the order for people that stayed a distance from the kennels for posting out to them.If you could check at the kennels first then get back to me .
regards
Bert

Hi Bert,

That's great

Thanks
Karen

Hi Karen
Did you get a rain mac at the kennels? if you didn't get one then phone me
on07742566873
regards