Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WARNING ....

If you are visiting the West Sands, in St. Andrews, PLEASE BEWARE of the wooden slatted bridges that go between the car park and the beach. I know that when GRF do the walk, you go right to the far end of the car park and that takes you straight onto the beach, however, if you park before this there are wooden 'bridges' leading to the sands.

Yesterday we took Bootsie for a walk, after visiting my Mum & Dad, and he caught his back left leg down one of these slats, ripping the skin off right down to the bone. Luckily, one of our friends is a Veterinary Nurse and we were able to seek advice as to do what to do in the short term. He has today had to be sedated to have stitches put in his leg, and is now bandaged up and sleeping like a baby.

It just goes to show that one little slip can cause a BIG problem ...

Re: WARNING ....

Oh poor Bootsie! Kitty and I wish him a very speedy recovery.

Best, Jo

Thank you ~ he IS feeling VERY sorry for himself

Susan x

Hope you are back on your paws very soon,

Very many thanks for the warning. We were thinking of going there later on this week for a walk, will make sure that we go right along to the end and avoid the 'bridges'. Hope that Bootsie makes a swift recovery.

Poor Bootsie.
Big cuddles are sent to you.
Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy.

Hi Bootsie, we are sorry to hear about your accident on the bridge. You poor thing! You just have a good rest and your Mummies will spoil you even more than usual, until you get better again.

Our Carrie let out the most terrible squeals in the garden this week and when Mummy went to see what was wrong with her, she had caught herself on a rose thorn and was too scared to move. She was ok once unhooked from the thorn, but what a fright we all got. These things happen so easily and so quickly, even when we try to be very careful when we are out walking, or playing in the garden.

Take care of yourself Bootsie. I am looking forward to our next loud barking competition, at the next Greyhound event! Your big pal SQUEEK, Carrie, Spot, Mummy & Daddy xxxxx

Hey Squeek - woof!

Thanks to you, Carrie, Spot (and your Mummy & Daddy) for your message

Poor Carrie - bet she, and you, all got a big fright and we greyhounds are particularly good at squealing

I slept all night, and have been out this morning (for all of 5 minutes), but still not interested in my food ... think I'll just have another little snooze ...

Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Love, to you all, from Bootsie xxx

Poor Bootsie

Hope you feel much better soon big lad.

Kaz
Bob and Jade