Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jean - My first week in my new home

Hi everyone
Well it's been a week since I went home to Peebles to be looked after by my new mom and dad, Susan and Kevin. I've had a ball since arriving in my new home. When I arrived home my mom showed me my new bed, my toys and most importantly where my food and water bowls are. I've been on lots of different walks around Peebles, and have met some of my mom and dad friends. They all comment on how lovely I look and how friendly I am. I think my mom is really proud of me, especially when I show off my toy flinging skills, everyone laughsπŸ˜„. I'm learning new things everyday, and I'm feeling a lot more relaxed especially when I'm left on my own at night. My mom and dad have taken their time to make sure I settle down to sleep at night, and for the past 3 nights I've slept right through, no problem at all. I really love my big comfy bed and blanket.
Today my mom put on my new 'blouse' a real fancy pants Kitsch collar. I love it, it's red and gold and goes well with my black fur. My mom grooms me everyday, which is fab, I just wish that my mom could groom me all day!!!
Since arriving in my new home, I've met my grandma and other family members too. My grandma must really like me as she tickles my ears and phones my mom everyday to ask how I'm getting on.
I'll ask my mom to post a picture of me, it might be one of me sleeping, I do love snoozing πŸ˜΄πŸ’€.
That's all my news for now, hugs to all my friends at Fife Greyhound Rescue 🐢🐾

Re: Jean - My first week in my new home

Hi Susan,

Thanks so much for the wee update on Jean. It is always lovely to their how they are settling into their new homes. They so deserve a happy retirement.

Wishing you all many happy years together.

Karen

Here's some pictures of Jean in her new home.

Jean 1

Jean 2

Jean 3

Hi Susan,

Nice to read that Jean is enjoying her new home. Lovely pictures

Karen

Hi Karen

Yes, I think Jean is really enjoying her retirement. We've noticed that her wee personality is starting to come through. She does make us laugh with some of the things she does such as running away with your shoes......... Or plonking her head on your lap for attention πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‘. She is a great wee friend and we are really looking forward to learning more about her each day πŸ’πŸΎ

Hi Susan,

Lovely to see the photos, she looks like she has always been there. I know she was in kennels for a wee while, but I am sure she now realises it was worth the wait!

Karen

Jean looks great Susan.
Thank you for giving her a family home.
I hope that you have many happy years together.
Jimmy and Celia.