Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KYLE DESPERATELY NEEDS HELP.

Hi Folks.
A few weeks ago we took in a lovely big black greyhound called KYLE. We were told he had a leg injury. The leg was wagging about so we thought that it was broken. Unfortunately when we took him to the vet it was discovered that he had totally snapped the main tendon. The two halves had sprung deep into his upper and lower leg meaning the they could never be joined again. Thus the poor boy's leg just moved loosely around.
A group of vets looked at the problem and all agreed that it was impossible to fix. The only solution was amputation.
His leg has been amputated and one hour after amputation he was standing looking at the vet. He's a wonderful big boy. He has lost a back leg.
The leg has now completely healed up and he is ready for rehoming so we are looking for a very special forever mummy and daddy to look after a very special big boy.
Sadly he has just turned 2 years old.
Photo to follow.
Jimmy and Celia.

Re: KYLE DESPERATELY NEEDS HELP.

We met Kyle today. He may have had a leg removed but it doesn't stop him enjoying life to the full. He really is full of fun and energy, so much so that it made taking his picture quite tricky! Anyway, here are some photos of him

Click here to view as a slideshow

Click here to view as a story board

Hi Celia and Jimmy

You might not be surprised but this feels like fate given we've got a black tripawd with same leg off and our bridge boy was called Kyle

Anyway we've just moved and there is nothing to stop me just coming up to meet him, is there ? ;)

Come up to the kennels Amanda.
You are more than welcome
Jimmy and Celia.

Thanks Steve and Julie for the cracking photos of Kyle.
Kyle is neutered, vaccinated and microchipped and recently had his 2nd birthday.

Ok we met and fell in love with Kyle today so he's coming home with us next Saturday

That's fantastic news

Great news

Karen

Amanda That's fantastic news, if you have got the time keep us posted on how he settles in his new and loving home.
Regards
Bert,Irene and Lady GaGa

Fantastic news.

Perfect outcome all round. When I first met you I think you were Amanda plus eight so it's great that you are building the family again with the baby Kyle. Much happiness to you all.

You were always going to Amanda ...

Kyle is a very lucky boy to have found such a wonderful family who will, we know, turn his life around. We'll hopefully see you, in East Lothian, some time soon!

Susan, Mo & Bootsie xxx

Fab news special mum for a special boy xxx

Great news that Kyle has a home. Well done Amanda and wishing you many happy years together

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy & Davie xxxxxx

He's home! He's exploring and being kept right by the other 4 hounds. He's following Nicks lead rather than Patch so we are very grateful for that!

Unfortunately I was stupid enough to allow my husband to choose the name as one of our bridge boys was called Kyle. Yohann was the name chosen . Weirdly enough he suits it! Will put some pics on the Facebook page later

Pat and I were down the kennels this morning and met Yohann. What a gorgeous boy he is. Hope he settles in really well and we wish you all a fantastic life together. Behave now Yohann, you are a special boy and have been adopted by a special family

Kaz and Pat
Bob and Jade

Thanks guys for taking Johann into your home.
Give him a huge cuddle from us.
Celia and Jimmy.