Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's a 1000

Out of the blue Debbie Roe came to the kennels, saw and rehomed Lorna, our 1000th dog. We've been waiting on this day to come now for several years and Celia and I would like to thank every single person who has helped us along the way. It has taken 11 years but it is well worth the wait.

The photo shows Celia, Debbie and Jimmy, and Lorna is in front with the gorgeous 1000th jacket. The special jacket was ordered and paid for by Bert and Irene, for which we thank them very much. Debbie and her husband Stuart already have 4 GRF dogs.

Roll on number 2000.

Celia and Jimmy.

1000th dog

Re: It's a 1000

That's fantastic news! Many congratulations. Doesn't Lorna look lovely in her beautiful coat.

Thank you both so much for all you do for the greyhounds.

Best, Jo

We would like to offer our huge congratulations to everyone at Greyhound Rescue Fife on achieving this massive milestone. Celia and Jimmy you are both very remarkable people and many of these 1000 Greyhounds would have been discarded and forgotten about if it was not for you.

We are very honoured to have you as friends that we made through adopting our first Greyhound the late Billy in April 2008. We got a partner in crime for him six months later in the November adopting Lassie she is now 12 and 1/2 and we are cherishing every day that we have her.
Having lost Billy in May this year in his memory we adopted our big cuddle monster Ace in June so we have helped with the re-homing. We would never have another breed of dog as Greyhounds are just so amazing.

Congratulations to Debbie and Stuart on adopting Lorna and what a beautiful jacket to cherish as a wonderful memory of this achievement and being part of the special 1000 re-homing.

Jimmy you said to us when we were collecting Ace that if things go to plan then October could be the month for the celebration. You certainly know how this re-homing works and how many and when the Greyhounds go out. That in its self must help save Greyhounds lives as well as you can predict when you will have space for taking Greyhounds of trainers that don't want the dogs any more. The success record you have for re-homing's speaks for itself, you are doing something right.

From Lassie, Ace and the late Billy and all the other Greyhounds may we thank you from them for finding them forever homes. Thanks for giving the homeless Greyhounds safe place at your wonderful rescue kennels at G.R.F. to enjoy life while you find them a forever home. The Best Greyhound Rescue Kennels in the country.

George & Morag

Many, many congratulations. There has been blood, sweat and tears along the way but you have reached a milestone with some good friends rehoming a very special little lady - I have walked her and she's a delight.
Wonderful news all round. See you tomorrow.

Congratulations to Jimmy, Celia and everyone involved ~ great news!

Congratulations Celia and Jimmy, on achieving this monumental task!
The sheer amount of animals you have re-homed is amazing and you should be very proud of yourselves for this.
You have been great advocates for greyhounds and demonstrated what a great breed they are for pets.
You are an amazing couple devoting your lives to finding those lovely dogs a home for life.
Here's to many more!

Karen, Niel, Euan, Caitlin and woofy Dale

Seconding what Karen has written above. I couldn't phrase it better.
Many congratulations to Celia and Jimmy on this achievement.

Many many congratulations Jimmy and Celia! You are amazing. And thanks too to all the volunteers and others working in the background to raise funds and promote GRF.

All our love
Kaz and Pat
Bob and Jade and the late Ace RIP xx

What an amazing achievement! As the proud owner of a mere 2 of the 1000 I am in complete awe of the work GRF does for these lovely dogs :-)

Tremendous news, this milestone has been achieved due to the blood sweat and tears of Celia & Jimmy. Every one of the 1000 have had a forever loving home because of 'Uncle and Aunty'

Many congratulations on achieving your 1,000th re-homing

Bootsie is proud to be one of the 1,000

Susan, Mo & Bootsie x

Congratulations, that is a huge milestone. Keep up the great work. With that 1000 you have changed many more than 1000 lives. Thanks for all you do for these puppies.

Very many congratulations Celia and Jimmy and all of the team. Brilliant! Love from Mike, Liz, Ruby and Barney

Congratulations!! That's wonderful news :) xx

That's fantastic! What an achievement. Many congratulations.

Thank you all for your very kind words, but we could not have got near it without all your help.
Thank you very much.
Celia and jimmy.

Congrats on getting to 1000 Celia & Jimmy!!

You guys are amazing

Love

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama & Poppy xxxxx

Well done guys amazing xxx

Well done! I have had the pleasure of four of the 1000 thanks to you both from Ailsa,Meg and Milo and the late Nipper and Rick x

Very well done Celia and Jimmy. You both should be very proud of yourselves. We are so pleased to have adopted 4 of your beautiful Greyhounds, Carrie, Squeek, Spot and the late Leo. We cannot imagine life without Greyhounds now. They have brought such joy and happiness into our lives. They are the best cure for depression that I have every had!

I am sure that Lorna will be a very special dog for Debbie, being no. 1000. Our Squeek was no. 900 and is has been very special, in the love that he has shown me. He waits outside our bedroom door every morning, and when I come out, he greets me with lots and lots of kisses, wagging his little half tail at full speed. What a wonderful way to start each day.

I hope Lorna has a very long, happy and healthy life with Debbie.

Lots of love, Liz, Richard, Squeek, Spot, Carrie and never forgotten Leo xxxxxx

Sorry, Squeek was no. 800, not no. 900. Old age doesn't come itself!

I agree. Old age brought all his pals to see me .
Jimmy.

Wow, congratulations to everyone - and every grey - concerned. A brilliant achievement and one I'm delighted to have played a very small part in x

!000 dogs is a stunning achievement. You were around 400 when I get Georgie and Lucie. You are dealing in love and happiness, each of those hounds has changed lives. G & L were the bargain of a lifetime, the best deal I've ever ,gently,been persuaded to enter.
I'm sitting on wet grass on the moors above Gourock this morning looking out across the river to snow flecked hills, Georgie sitting contentedly with his nose twitching picking up deer scent and I'm thinking 'this is priceless'. So thank you for your efforts on behalf of nature's aristocrats.

The Forum is so often about the poles of love and loss. I hope many more people are turned on to the joys of being a Greyhound custodian and you reach your next target soon.