Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yohann (Kyle)

Just a wee update on our latest tripawd addition Yohann.

Well. In true Wells-hound style, nothing is holding him back! Nick adored him from day one and Nick, as the 'daddy' of the hounds, particularly likes to cuddle up to him. Patch, being the one who doesn't have many brains, was really jealous and he addressed this by ignoring Yohann completely but now copies the *ahem* bad habits that Yohann has. Lola-Rose, our wee blind tripawd, and Yohann have a special bond together and play bitey face and slap each other while lying on the floor. Saffy, our 16 year old deaf wee lurcher was totally freaked out when she met Yohann because he play bounced at her and he's twice her size. He's grown on her but from a distance!

The crate idea worked really well until he realised that he was being short changed and refused to get off the couch, which by the way is his most favourite place to be. Now every other hound sleeps in the crate except Yohann!

Unfortunately Yohann has to be muzzled when we're out on the basis that he's a chewer (a habit Patch has decided is a lot of fun!) He has chewed the corners out of our hardwood table... He's a thief too - socks, bags, actually anything. Its been a few years since I had a greyhound thief in the house so I've forgotten how funny it is (until he takes something of mine, that is!)

Someone obviously forgot to tell Yohann that tripawds need to take it easy on the basis that he's a counter surfer! Even managed to climb up and get his new muzzle which he proceeded to eat. He will take anything he can get to. Unfortunately Patch (who had never shredded anything in his life) has to take it that stage further and has started to shred books. Thats Patch though!

Yohann is sooo stubborn. When you ask him to do something he just gives you that stare. The one Patch has down perfect, it says 'I think not'! He's learned that some of us in this house (no names but its not me or daughter!) sometimes waver when he does that! Loves looking out into the garden that he's not allowed in yet. Particular interest is the hens and the squirrels who live in the tree out back. I'm sure he wants to be great friends with them all...!

He seriously dislikes when he's not included in a hound walk on the basis he whines and cries when any of his hounds brothers and sisters go out without him. He loves people and other dogs though seriously needs to learn some manners.

He hasn't quite got how to share the couch and frequently tries to do the greyhound pile thing. Lola-Rose sometimes screams when he lies on top of her and he gets quite freaked out. I've also lost count of how many times he's got on the couch and laid down on the edge which has resulted in him sliding back off. Fortunately the couches are quite low so the only thing bruised is his pride!

He's just a bundle of fun really. He's really keeping us on our toes but we love him to bits and his character keeps us on our toes! Thanks Celia and Jimmy - life in the Wells house is never boring with the GRF hounds!

Re: Yohann (Kyle)

What a wonderful life Yohann is going to have in your home. It sounds great fun and full of laughs for you all and not to mention hard work on occasion! I am so pleased you took him into your home Amanda. He could not have found a better one than yours to live in and with so many Greyhound friends to play with. Thank you so much for being his Mummy. Lots of love from all of us xxxxx

What a lovely update on your gangly boy settling into the Wells pack. Christmas is going to be quite a pantomime I think!

He's found the perfect home. Such a lucky boy

So good to hear his antics. We were so impressed with his character when we photographed him.

Lola-Rose and Yohann. They are both missing the same leg. Lola is also blind but neither holds her back!

Hound pile!

Handsome boy!

Your family is brilliant Amanda.
Thank you for taking all your dogs into a great family home.
Jimmy and Celia.