Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lola's siblings

Hi, I've been meaning to post this for a while. I read in the July newsletter about Greyhound Rescue Jersey and at the end there was mention of Kaz's new dog Bob racing name Lillies Mais Boy and his sister Rockstown Peggy. I had looked up Greyhound Data when I got Lola and the names sounded familiar, especially the date of birth Feb 2012. So I looked it up again and confirmed that Lola, racing name Pretty Jockey, is in fact Bob and Peggy's sister! How great is that? I've emailed Gail at GRJ to let her know and she is going to let Peggy's owners know.

Re: Lola's siblings

Hey Teresa

I knew there were other siblings out there. That's great news. We will have to compare notes lol.

Bob is a lovely boy but wow is he naughty. We cant leave anything lying around, came home yesterday to find a newspaper in millions of pieces on the floor. He has had a whole loaf of bread, a box of bran flakes (which do what they say) a whole box of bonio biscuits.

Our old boy Ace was so good and never pinched anything but Bob is a monster!! We have had to put a child gate up and re organise everything to keep stuff out of his way.

Would be interesting to know if Lola is better behaved.

Kaz, Pat, Bob and Jade

Hi Kaz,

Lola has been a very well behaved girl . . . until recently and boy did she go for it! I was eating my dinner when the door bell rang. Lola was apparently out like a light not long after her own dinner. Anyway, by the time I came back she had devoured my CHICKEN TIKKA!

Initially she seemed ok, but by the morning she was vomiting. I was beside myself and headed straight for the vet. My big worry was that there had been a couple of raw onion slices on my plate. Long story short, she was kept in the vets for the day and put on a drip, had bloods taken, given antibiotics and anti nausea tablets. I had to keep a close eye on her gums and eyes for signs of anaemia and take her back to the vet every two days to have her bloods checked. The vet didn't think she had eaten the onions, but the curry obviously had affected her.

Thankfully she recovered quickly and it was a big lesson learned by me. Now I watch her like a hawk and make sure nothing is left within her reach as she is a wee chancer lol.

Oh dear. That's not so good.
Fortunately so far nothing Bob has pinched has upset him. He did manage to devour a packet of freeze dried lug worm out of Pat's fishing tackle bag the other day. We were worried but apart from a rumbling tummy the following day it didn't seem to affect him.
He is so quick - as soon as our back is turned he is there.
He is a very cuddly boy and really loves a fuss though and he is great fun.
Hopefully we will meet on a walk one day and if will be interesting to see if they recognise each other.