Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Update on Sammy.

Hi,

Just a wee update to let you know how Sammy is settling into his new home. We re-homed Sammy (Black) on 5th December, 2016. We recently lost our handsome boy Oxo and the house was just too quiet without another hound!

When we visited Celia & Jimmy we were looking for a companion for our lovely Abbi (Lurcher) who is now 12years old. We wanted a quiet wee boy and were delighted that Celia & Jimmy recommended Sammy. I must say, my initial thoughts at the time were that Sammy "was a bit too quiet". Anyway, Sammy has settled in fine and enjoying his forever home. His little mischievous personality is starting to shine through and he just loves to pinch any item in sight, including my back scratcher, mobile phone, remote controls, letters and anything he can cast his eye on!

He loves to play around with Abbi and is enjoying lots of different walks. He just loves cuddly toys that squeak and will play with them for hours. He also has his mad moments running from room to room showing us his acrobatics (360 degree turns) and will snooze for a while in his roaching position.

We would like to thank Celia & Jimmy again for the opportunity of having Sammy. He has a great character and is settling in well.

Gwen, Mike, Abbi & Sammy.

Sammy 1

Sammy 2

Sammy 3

Sammy 4

Sammy 5

Re: Update on Sammy.

Hi,

Lovely to see Sammy settling into his new home, he looks like he has been there forever! I remember Oxo well from his kennel time, he was a real favourite and I am sorry to hear of his passing. What a great way to honour his memory in rehoming one of his buddies.

Hoping you all have many happy years together (some of which will likely be spent hunting for lost items that Sammy has hidden 😄)! He sounds like a real fun character.

Karen x

Congratulations on your new addition. Funny how they trick you into thinking they're quiet and then the mischief starts. I think Oxo would approve

Aww so cute. Great photos!! Looks like he's loving his new home.

Love,

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy & Rusty

Fabulous photos Gwen. Great to see that the wee lad has settled in.
Thanks for being his mummy.
Happy New Year to you all.
Very best wishes.
Jimmy.