Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jewel

We are heartbroken as we write this to say our totally loved and best friend Jewel (page 68) left us to cross the bridge last week.
We had to make the heartbreaking decision to let Jewel go with dignity as the osteosarcoma takes another victim. we know we made the right choice and had the courage to let her go at the right time.
Although it was very hard we know in that short 4 years she was with us her life was so full and loved and I think she had experienced nearly every part of Scotland in a tent!!
I remember that day in January 2013 when we came in to the kennels and asked Celia and Jimmy for a big request. Do you have a greyhound that will come and live with us and TWO Siamese cats? ...... Jimmys reply was Jewel if any dog could it would be Jewel... and he was so right.
We miss her so much, but I know she is still with us xx

Re: Jewel

I am so sorry to hear of Jewel's passing. I lost my own dog to osteosarcoma 18 months ago and know how you are feeling. I remember Jewel from her time in the kennels as I was a regular volunteer during her stay. She was indeed an absolute sweetheart. Thinking of you.

Karen

Oh dear, Alan and Anni, we remember the lovely Jewel very well indeed and we're so sorry to hear of your loss. She was a lovely girl, tolerant of everything and everybody. Bless you for taking her into your home and giving her what all greyhounds deserve.
Run free over Rainbow Bridge gorgeous wee Jewel.
Our deepest sympathy.
Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Celia.

So, so sorry to hear your sad news about your beautiful Jewel. We recently lost our big guy Davie to osteosarcoma, and sadly know only too well how you must be feeling. You obviously gave her a fantastic life, our thoughts are with you all.

Elaine, Steve, Lucy, Lama, Poppy and Rusty xx

So sorry for your loss. Run free beautiful one, you were loved.