Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please have a look here.

I thought that maybe other greyhound owners from GRF might be interested to know that Jewel was the inspiration behind us making our own range of raised dog feeders as we couldn't find any that we liked.

This is a link to our website. we are not a big business, just a greyhound owner who makes them in her spare time

https://www.facebook.com/lovehoundspetproducts/ or #lovehoundsbyjewel

please take a look

We will be at the Scottish Greyhound Gathering at Musselburgh Racecourse on July 22nd. hope to see some fellow greyhound lovers there.

Thanks, Anni and Alan Johnstone.

Re: Please have a look here.

It was with some trepidation that I opened your FB page but I am delighted to see your raised feeders are not too high. People often feed tall dogs from raised feeders that are at eye/face level with the dog...this is incorrect. Dogs should still have to bend their head down towards a bowl. There are many reasons touted as causing bloat and possible gastric torsion in deep chested dogs such as eating too much, drinking then eating etc etc but in reality research shows that only one thing is proven to contribute and that is 'aerophagia' the 'ingestion of air'. Yes, caused by raised feeders. I feed my own greyhound from a raised feeder, always have, he's old now so it helps, but I make sure he still has to lean down into the bowl.
p.s your feeders are lovely