Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boot Fair - Volunteers needed

As many of you may know, Pat and I have been involved in running boot fairs for GRF in Dundee for a few years now. This is on top of selling stuff on EBay etc and doing the newsletter.

However, we have decided not to continue with the boot fairs. We are therefore appealing for other people to take over running boot fairs to raise funds for GRF. We have lots of stock and so if anyone wants to come and collect from us in Dundee they are more than welcome.

We have always run the boot fairs in Dundee, because we live in Dundee, every month over the summer months, but there have been very few other people who live much nearer the kennels prepared to do the same in their area, and we cannot believe that there are no boot fairs in Fife! I know people will argue that they work, well so do Pat and I, we both work full time. We are only asking that someone runs a few during the summer months and if enough people volunteered to do this, then it will spread it out even more.

Stock is continually being handed in to the kennels and Jimmy and Celia often have stuff in their garage that could be sold.

It seems to be the same old story, its always the same people in the background helping out. Given that GRF have now rehomed over 1000 dogs, and lots of people read the posts on the forum, the offers of help whether it is dog walking, raising funds or collecting stuff for the show, or even turning out for the walks is quite poor.

So please think about Celia and Jimmy and the dogs awaiting their forever homes and help where you can.

Kaz & Pat Brundell

Re: Boot Fair - Volunteers needed

Well that appeal was a waste of time. Am I surprised at the apathy in GRF??

No not really.

I have had two offers of help by email and Facebook - thanks to both of you, both living in DUNDEE!!!

I can only assume FIFE DOES NOT HAVE ANY BOOT SALES!!!

Kaz

Re: Boot Fair - Volunteers needed

We seem to be appreciating some technical difficulties about boot fairs and ebay. Well there is no problem as we have decided not to go forward with either again. We appreciate all Kaz, Pat, Nic and Michele's very hard work and thank them and all the people, who donated lovely items, from the bottom of our hearts. We always need you to bring your legs and use them at the kennels and we thank all our "diamonds" who turn up week in and week out to help all our LOVELY dogs and that is what really matters. Please support us at the dog show on the 14th of May, it is a huge event and once again, as usual, the " loyal few " have put in a huge amount of work to make it a success.
Celia and Jimmy