Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucy

Hi for all of you who don't go on Facebook just to say it is with great sadness that we had say goodbye to our beautiful brindle girl Lucy yesterday.

She developed renal failure then whilst she was at the vet getting treatment she started bleeding internally as her blood clotting became deranged also. The vets wereunable to identify the cause or help her further.

We are absolutely heartbroken at losing her. She was very special to us having been one of our first greyhounds along with Lama in 2010. We used to call her our precious princess we adored her so much. We still can't believe she's gone but are grateful we got to spend nearly 7 years with her.

Elaine, Steve, Lama, Poppy & Rusty

Re: Lucy

Hi Elaine and Steve.
What on earth can we say that would help you ? We are so terribly sorry to hear of dear wee Lucy's death. She was so beautiful in looks and in nature. Lama must be devastated too. They've been together so long. Not many greyhounds have the good fortune to have had a mummy and daddy like you two. So on Lucy's behalf I thank you for taking her into your home and giving her such a happy life.
RIP dear wee girl on the other side of the Bridge.
Uncle Jimmy and Auntie Celia.

Dear Elaine and Steve. we are so, so sorry to hear your sad news about Lucy. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time. Only time will help to heal the pain you are going through just now.

Thank you both so much for giving her a wonderful life and for giving all your other fur babies a super Mummy and Daddy and their forever happy home.

Lots of love to you all. Liz, Richard, Squeek, Spot and Carrie xx

That's so sad for you all. She was a lovely girl. I'm so sorry.

So sorry for you all - I lost my two eldest brindle boys, Kim and Bryn, within 3 months last year and I know how awful it is. Like you, my vets struggled to get a firm diagnosis for Bryn till it was too late and that is heartbreaking. Cuddle the others very hard.

Thanks for your kind words everyone. It's very much appreciated.

Elaine, Steve, Lama, Poppy & Rusty xxxxx