Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: SQUEEK

Hi Liz and Richard.
I am forever the optimist and hoped that I'd read a post stating Squeek was improving. Sadly, this does not seem likely now.
All I can say is that Squeek was very happy indeed with life alongside his loving family. He could not speak so I'll say what he would have said if he could have spoken.
He'd have asked you both not to cry because you had made him so happy. He would have told you to remember all the happy days you had with him and Carrie and Spot. He would tell you not to dwell on the bad time that you both did not deserve.
Squeek is ending up with something few greyhounds get - - - total happiness - - - and it is thanks to you.
You have our very best wishes.
Squeek's auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy.

Dear Susan, Mo and Bootsie,

As you will see from the forum, our big boy has gone. We are really heartbroken, but appreciate what you have said in your kind message. We will be contacting you very soon by email, probably at the weekend. Richard and I have cried constantly for the last 5 days, which of course non dog lovers can understand why, but they are not worth talking about are they!

The love we have for our dogs is so great, it would be unnatural not to cry for them. We know that kind Squeek would not like to see us so upset, but I hope he understood that it was only because we loved him so much.

Thanks again Susan and Mo, we will be in touch soon. You said such wonderful things to make us feel a bit better about our decision.

I hope Bootsie has a lovely birthday on Sunday and continues to bring you both joy and happiness. Give him a big cuddle and kiss from us and Carrie and Spot, who are very sad and lost looking today. Lots of love, Liz, Richard, Carrie and Spot. xxxx

Thank you so much Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy,

Your words have been a great comfort to us.

I know Squeek would not want us to cry over him and to be happy, but we are finding it very hard to stop, as we love him so much. He has licked away our tears over the last few days, so I hope he understood that they were just out of love for him.

He was the most beautiful, loving dog that you could ever hope to have, if a little noisy at times with his barking at other dogs! We are going to miss him so, so much. The house feels so quiet and still without him, even though there are still two dogs in it. I think that Carrie and Spot know what has happened and that they are sad too. They have both been very quiet today and just lay in their beds, so we will have to give them so much love and cuddles to help them come to terms with their loss too.

Thank you so much for the chance to have the most wonderful gift in the world - GREYHOUNDS. We love them to bits and both of you for caring for so many.
Lots of love, Liz, Richard, Carrie and Spot xxxx