Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Georgie's Gone

I lost my beloved Georgie yesterday, 18 months after losing Lucie. He went to sleep in my arms in the Vets just like she did and I am heartbroken. I cannot believe we wont have our walks in the woods, up on the moors or down by the river any more. I wont see his figure through the glass on my front door eager to spin me on my feet compelling me to go straight out with him. I wont be squeezed into a corner of my bed by his big lazy frame or wake to find his face hovering over me. Such a handsome, singular creature. It took years to bond in such a way that I could walk on and know that after sniffing around he’d run and catch up with me, always brushing my leg as he ran past, before disappearing into the woods again. There was hardly a person walked past us without spontaneously smiling, he was that sort of cartoon dog and I’ll miss him always. I’ll miss them both.

He developed a limp a couple of months ago and painkillers helped but it got progressively worse and he went in for tests yesterday and it was advanced bone cancer. I cant believe how stoic he’s been but he struggled lately and I’m glad he’s released from his pain. He was born to run and in the end struggled to walk and his leg could easily have broken. Nothing prepares for returning home with an empty collar. Forgive me if I don’t rush through to replace him, them, I need to get my head around their absence and reflect on all the good times we had.

Georgie aka Kilclooney Lad, rest in peace big guy.

Re: Georgie's Gone

I'm so sorry to hear of your sad loss. Run free at the bridge Georgie.

So very sorry to hear your sad news. truly heartbreaking. Take care xx

I am so sorry to read this John. To lose one dog is bad enough, but to lose two beautiful dogs in such a short space of time is truly heart-breaking. Georgie sounds like a great character, and you must be missing him dreadfully. My thoughts are with you at this sad time.

John, my heart is breaking for you. We know exactly how you are feeling just now, as we lost our lovely big boy Squeek on Monday this week, to exactly the same thing. We also lost our other big boy Leo, who had bone cancer also, less than 3 years ago.

It is so tragic that these beautiful creatures seem to be so prone to this horrible illness.

The words you write about Georgie are beautiful and just show how much you loved him and your dear Lucie. You will love and remember them both for ever and the joy they brought you.

Georgie will be running free with no pain now, chasing Squeek as they go over the Rainbow Bridge.

Run free beautiful boy and catch up with Squeek.

Our thoughts are with you John at this very sad time for us all.

Oh John.
Another one taken by that horrible cruel disease.

My heart goes out to you.
Run free dear Georgie - there are lots of your friends at the other side of the bridge.

You gave them both a wonderful life John and you have done the kindest thing in letting them go.

They will always be with you in spirit

Sending hugs
Kaz

Thanks to you, he will rest in peace. He was clearly one of those rare greyhounds who get their heads round the big wide world after racing and it is a huge joy to both dog and owner. In times to come that memory will always make you smile.

Very sorry for your loss. He sounded like a real character who found a very loving home Take care and remember the happy times

So sorry for your loss(es) John. Kindest wishes

Thinking of you so sorry to hear your sad newsx

Sorry to hear of your loss. They are such beautiful creatures and are only with us for such a short time. We will keep you in our thoughts in Arizona.

Hi John.
Nothing can help having lost both Lucie and Georgie, but, if it helps a little, thank you for taking them into your home and giving them a happy life. It's what all greyhounds deserve but not enough receive.
RIP Georgie and Lucie. Run free together over the Bridge.
Jimmy and Celia.

So so sorry to hear of your loss John. It's heartbreaking to lose them. Our thoughts are with you at this sad time.

Run free dear Georgie.

Love from,

Elaine, Steve, Lama, Poppy, Rusty & Daisy xxxxxx

Thank you for everyone's kind words. I felt sure I'd get understanding on the forum. There's a huge hole in my day which Georgie would fill. When I get my head around it I'm sure I'll be back.