Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: September Newsletter

Great newsletter again, thank you :)

Thanks Kaz, especially since you were under duress with the dreaded technology!
The Vets corner was great but thought I'd mention that one of my greyhounds had an adverse reaction to the oral flea control and this is not entirely uncommon - it's mentioned in the leaflet but not stressed in any way.
I'd like to ask the vet about any problem with greyhounds nibbling on rabbit poo. Mine all do it, although I stop them when I can. It has never caused them problems and I guess it's mainly partly digested grass but are there any particular risks? I do worm them regularly.
Finally I wish TH a happy holiday from his hard work. It must be stressful finding things to say every month but I'm sure some sofa rest will fire his imagination once again

Thanks Mandy and Marion.

Marion, I will email Catherine and ask her about the rabbit poo!!

Kaz

Hi Kaz, just read the newsletter to my mum and we both enjoyed it very much, thank you for doing them ever month, we all love reading them Ashleigh and Lexi xx

Thank you Ashleigh and thank you for your contribution each month.

I just wish more people would send me stuff like yours for the newsletter.

Love to you and Lexi and of course your mum
Kaz

Hi Kaz, I've had to stop sharing photos by Photobucket as they've put a stop to it unless I pay through the nose for the privilege of sharing photos. You should be able to download the photos that I post on the GRF Facebook page, but if you can't just let me know which ones you want and I can email them over to you.

Thanks Steve. It would probably be useful if you could email a couple of photos to me after the walks.

Hi Marion
I passed your comments/question onto Catherine and she has replied as below:

• It is very unlikely that any harm will come to a hound after eating some rabbit poo! It is indeed, just partly digested grass or hay. Saying that, any sudden change in diet for a dog, can cause dietary upset – i.e. vomiting and diarrhoea, but this is usually short lived and not serious.

• Adverse reactions can occur following any type of medication – whether oral or topical. The most common adverse reactions to flea control tablets (seen in approximately 5-6% of dogs) are gastrointestinal effects such as inappetence, vomiting or diarrhoea. These are usually mild and transient in nature.

Regards
Kaz