Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Teeth extraction

Just looking for a rough idea, if anyone knows, of how much vets charge for general anaesthetic plus teeth removal. Realise it cant be accurate (no of teeth etc) but ball park figure wld be helpful. Tia 😢

Re: Teeth extraction

Misty had 7 teeth out two years ago. Price was £240. My mum's little dog had teeth out this year approx same price different vet.

Thanks linda. Was that with a general anaesthetic as well?

Yes it was.

It really depends on what's needed. A straight forward clean up and maybe some wee teeth out could be around the £200-£300 mark, but if bigger teeth need to come out it can be much more expensive - especially with older dogs as the teeth can get fused to the jaw bone. Trinas teeth were in a terrible state when we got her and the vet took a good few teeth off her and a good few hundred quid off us for the privilege!

The only thing I'd add is to be sure your vet knows Greys and knows how sensitive they are to anaesthetic, as Greys are very different to other dogs in regards to anaesthetic. If in doubt let us know where you are and hopefully somebody local to you can give you recommendations of Grey savvy vets.

Thanks steve. We take megan (age 10) to bishopbriggs veterinary centre (near glasgow)and i wld say i trust them. We have had her 6 years now. Always happy to take on board comments, advice etc.

Been quoted £270 by vet so that seems to be similar to others experience. Now to start saving!

There is a lady in Bo'ness who cleans Chas and Heidi's teeth for £30, as well as nail clipping and grooming. She is wonderful with the dogs and there is not the trauma of anesthetic or big bills!
I have my dogs done twice a year and this has saved them having extractions after their check ups at the vet.

If you are interested the contact details are:
Mandy MacDonald