Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WEE DARLING KATIE

It is with great sadness that we have to inform you of the death of Katie. She had been totally well and happy until 2/3 days ago.
She suddenly became very ill and was rushed to the vet. She rapidly deteriorated and in spite of all the vets great efforts she died tonight at 8.30pm.
She did not respond to anything that he vets tried and at the end the vets still did not know the cause. It seemed to be like pancreatitis/peritonitis.
She was a character. A lovely little girl.
She was never rehomed but we'll rehome her posthumously so that she didn't die without a mummy and daddy.

Re: WEE DARLING KATIE

Aww celia and jimmy,I am so sorry to hear that sad news. Never thought that she was so unwell, poor Katie. Gatsby will miss you 😔

So sad she had a family with all of us, it was so sudden poor wee girl sleep tight <3x

I'm so sorry to see this. My thoughts are with you.

So sorry to hear this. She looked fine when I walked her last Friday. Gatsby will be sorry to lose his girlfriend.

I am so sad to hear about the passing of Katie. She was a lovely ,affectionate little girl who always loved to get her cuddles and kisses. I shall always remember her and her loving snuggles. She will be missed. I’m so glad she will get her mummy and daddy. X

Such sad news x She had people who cared for her with her when she needed them x

How very sad 😔 sending our love x

Dear Celia and Jimmy, I am so, so sorry to hear about wee Katie. She was my favourite girl in the kennels and whose beautiful little face I used to love looking at, every time I was looking in Please Choose Me. I saw her last Saturday when we went to adopt Davy and she was such a lovely little girl. I am so glad to have met her. Rest in peace little one. I will miss seeing your beautiful little face.

Such sad news, Katie was indeed a character and loved by all the staff and volunteers so it is fitting that she was finally adopted by her greatest friends of all. My Bryn went downhill very fast with peritonitis and couldn't be saved after what the vet initially thought was a mild tummy upset.
As if you didn't have enough to cope with in the snow. Is anyone getting through to help?
Please post updates on conditions at your end. We have been snowed in until today when the farmer dug out the drive. Hang in.

So very sorry to hear this news. Sleep tight Katie you were loved by so many xx

So so sorry to read about lovely little Katie. Such a shock. Although she did not find her home, she was much loved by her GRF family and it is really touching to see her dear little face on the page.