Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucy

I can barely believe I'm writing this, but two weeks after losing Trina we have lost Lucy. Lucy had major surgery a few weeks ago to remove her spleen and a massive tumour that had grown on it. She had been making a good recovery until the day we lost Trina, at which point she gave up. I do believe she died of a broken heart.

Rest in peace sweet girl - united with Trina over the bridge

Re: Lucy

Dear Steve and Julie, I can barely believe it either, fate can be so cruel at times. In 2016 I lost Kim at 15 years old to degenerative arthritis followed 3 months to the day by Bryn at 12 years old to acute peritonitis so I understand how hard it is. From your photos, Trina and Lucy were clearly good friends so poor Lucy may have been affected by her loss and/or just the general sense of sadness within the family.
Sincerest condolences to you all.

Oh Steve. I am so sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts are with you and we send hugs to you all. Run free over the bridge sweet Lucy. You and Trina can play together again 💔

What heart-breaking news Steve. I am so sorry to read of this further bereavement. My thoughts are with you.

I'm so sorry to see that you've lost beautiful Lucy. Such sad news.

Steve, we are SO very sorry to hear about Trina & Lucy .... you must be absolutely devastated. Sending you all love & hugs from Susan, Mo & Bootsie xXx

Aww Steve and family I don't even know what to say so sorry for your loss of both your fur babies lots of love gill john and willow xxxxx

I’m so very sorry to read this. It is so sad, but it reflects the closeness that your dogs shared, which also says something about the home you provide - loving and nurturing

So so sorry to hear of the loss of Lucy as well as Trina. Out thoughts are with you.

Run free beautiful girl.

Elaine & Steve xx xxxxx

Hi Steve and Julie.
Life can be so very cruel. You have now lost two of the best friends you will ever have. We are so sorry. Kell and Boss will be devastated too. They'll wonder where their girl friends have gone.
Lucy and Trina both had very happy lives with you. Thank you so much for giving that to them. They were so lucky to arrive in such a great home.
RIP dear little girls. You are young again together over the wonderful Bridge.
Auntie Celia and Uncle Jimmy.