Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Poppy

I'm absolutely certain she enjoyed her life with you. When we grieve our lost greyhounds we need to remember what might have happened were they not lovingly gathered in and nurtured by GRF and then passed on to safe homes where they can be valued as loving pets and not just for their pedigree and speed.
You were that home for Poppy.

So sorry to hear the sad news. I think I remember Poppy from Brown St, is that right? You took her in when the rehoming from there didn't work out. If so, she was very lucky indeed.

Hi Elaine and Steve.
We remember the way Poppy became a GRF dog. We thank you for that.
However we were absolutely gutted to hear that the lovely little girl had died. She was a fantastic pet greyhound. However you gave her the happiest years of her life. It's just a shame that she didn't get longer with you. The memories now are golden.
Run free dear girl with Dave across the Bridge.
Our deepest sympathies.
Auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy.

Thanks to everyone for their kind messages of support on the forum and Facebook page.

Yes Kathleen, Poppy was intially rehomed from Brown Steeet Kennels in Dundee then the owner phoned Celia when the re-homing failed and that's how we ended up with Poppy. She was never actually in the kennels. She was very well behaved from day 1 and we grew to love her dearly.

We have lots of great memories of our time with her.

Thanks again,

Elaine, Steve, Lama, Rusty and Daisy xx xxx