Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Advice re YuMove

Poor Kitty is getting slow and stiff, and is refusing walks on a regular basis. We have already visited the vet twice and she is currently on a course of Loxicom until the end of the month, and is also on a restricted exercise programme. The vet will be doing a reassessment then, and if there has been no improvement she will probably take x-rays and blood samples. Depending on the outcome Kitty may be prescribed Loxicom at a lower dose indefinitely.

I have been looking at YuMove on-line, and it seems to be very highly thought of for dogs of all breeds and sizes. Although I wouldn't start using it without consulting Kitty's vet first I was wondering whether any of you have any experience with this product? I would be most grateful for your thoughts.

Re: Advice re YuMove

You can get Yumove Advance from Amazon. My Mum used it for her last grey and it definitely helped. Others on the forum have also used it with good results.

Many thanks Steve.

Hi Jo, we use Yumove for our 12 year old guy Lama, and definitely believe it's helped. He was getting slower on walks and was struggling with stairs, but the tablets have been well worthwhile getting. Cheers.

Hi Elaine and Steve, many thanks for this very encouraging reply. I'm delighted to hear that Lama is doing well on it, and I very much hope it will do the same for Kitty.
Very best, Jo

Thank you very much to those of you who replied to my question about YuMove. I have been giving it to Kitty for nearly a month now, and I'm delighted to say that it is already helping tremendously. Although Kitty has arthritis she is no longer moving stiffly, and is really enjoying her walks again. She is happy and bouncy, just as she used to be. It's a joy to see her like this again after such a long time. :grinning: