Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Till we meet again Maisie x

Very sad to tell you all that Maisie went to Rainbow Bridge earlier this week.
I fell in love with her the moment that I saw her on the “please choose me page” she had her tongue sticking out and her tail wagging so fast that the camera couldn’t keep up with it. Maisie loved being a pet and she brought joy and laughter to her family for nearly 5 years She had her health issues, starting in 2015 with her seizures but our vet eventually got the seizures fully under control. Maisie was later diagnosed with cancer and it was this that ultimately stopped her tail working and she started to become weary. We had to let her go and we’re utterly heartbroken

Re: Till we meet again Maisie x

Aw Jenny.
We are so very, very sorry. Maisie was a lovely girl. We remember when you got her at the kennels. Poor Mac will be lost.
Thank you for giving her such a happy life and for looking after her when she was ill.
Run free across the Bridge dear girl. Your pain has now gone.
Uncle Jimmy and auntie Celia.

What a wonderful tribute to Maisie and I'm sure many of us can relate to the trauma of seizures and cancer in our hounds. She was a very lucky girl to find you. I'm sure she stuck out her tongue and wagged her tail fast for her "Please choose me" shot just to captivate you, and it worked.

Aww Jenny so sad to hear of your news you got your 2 babies round about same time we got willow aka girlie we looked at Mac but we had a cat sending love your way gill john and willow xxx

Thank you xx We’re really missing Maisie and the house is so quiet. Good decision not to get Mac as he was very reactive. He’s enjoying beta single pet at the moment

Thanks Marion. She was a very special hound and she made us laugh every single day. I definitely think fate earmarked her for our family

Thanks Celia and Jimmy, Maisie really was the most special hound. She loved her family but she worshipped me, waiting patiently for me to return to the house. Outdoors she was like a puppy, bouncing everywhere, just great fun. I’m sure Mac has noticed she’s gone but he’s enjoying being an only dog. Strange how the number of dogs we have has halved but the number of treats we get through has remained the same!!