Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patch & Nick

Hi

I put a post on the Facebook page but thought I should also add here as I’m aware Jimmy and Celia check the forum.

Patch has been diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his jaw. He has arthritis in every joint and is already on Tramadol. Vet recommending palliative care It’s not spread as yet and to complicate things he has an infection in his mouth too. We’re devastated as he’s a very special boy

Nick isn’t doing too well either. He’s now 13 and is struggling to walk. He doesn’t have much feeling in his hips or back legs. He’s got very old all of a sudden and we know every day counts for him now. Nick was the easiest greyhound we’ve ever had - he’s a real gent despite the way he carried on at Baltree!

We lost our wee lurcher last month and we now have to face two of our boys being poorly which is hard but given ours we’re all ‘hard to home’, we know they’ve had a ball. With multiple dogs, it doesn’t get any easier...

Will pop up soon 💕

Re: Patch & Nick

You're having a very tough dog year and I can only sympathise and say how brave you have been to take on some problem kids and do such a great job with them.
I lost Jock on 2nd June - you'll find the thread if you scroll down the index. Your description of Nick reminds me of him a lot and I hope his end-of-time with you can be relatively pain-free and peaceful. Best wishes to you all.

We are so sorry that you are having such a sad time with Patch and Nick not feeling too well and with your little Lurcher who you lost last month. Thank you for giving all your lovely Greyhounds the most wonderful life they could possibly dream off, when they were in the kennels. Our thoughts are with you all and your beautiful dogs.

Hi Amanda.
We're so sorry to hear about Patch, Nick and the little lurcher.
You're now suffering, like us, of all your dogs growing old together.
Like us too, you took the harder ones, but we got he reward of seeing them all come good. However, that makes it worse when you lose them. Just think of all the happiness your family brings you and accept that ultimately the inevitable has to happen. You give them a wonderful life.
Please give your boys cuddles from us.
Jimmy and Celia.