Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Our Billy has gone to rainbow bridge

It is with a heavy heart to inform you that we lost our big boy Billy on Thur.
He became really breathless last weekend and we took him to emergency vet where they gave him diuretics to try to get rid of fluid in his chest.
I took him back on Wed for X rays under sedation and they also took over a litre of fluid off his chest which had blood in it so that’s when alarm bells really started to ring.
They kept him in overnight as they wanted to see if his chest was okay and they were going to x ray him again in morning but ,unfortunately,he passed away at vet during the night.
All the signs were pointing to a tumour on the lung so we know he’s not suffering any more and the vet said after she took the fluid from his chest he was much more comfortable.
I think worst case scenario we were expecting them to say he’s got a tumour,take him home and spoil him rotten which would have given us a bit of time to adjust but that was taken out of our hands.
Naturally we are devastated but we know he had a good life and he was much loved by everyone who knew him especially the ladies in the village who carried biscuits in their pockets for him!
For those of us who attended the dog shows he was the big white and brindle boy who was usually the biggest dog there but he was a big gentle giant who took the introduction of a border collie pup in Feb in his stride,although Billy was in charge!
He was 10.
Jimmy and Celia,we will be back to see you at one point in future but everything is too raw at the moment,
Kind regards
Elaine & Callum

Re: Our Billy has gone to rainbow bridge

We are so sorry to hear about Billy. We went through the same sort of thing with our Spot in February, who had litres and litres drained from his chest cavity by our vet and at the Dick Vet Hospital in Edinburgh. Our thoughts are with you at this very sad time. Run free over the Rainbow Bridge Billy and join all your friends.

So sorry to hear your sad news x

So sorry to hear Billy has passed away. Xx

Hi Elaine and Callum.
We are so sorry that big Billy has died. We thought of him as a gentleman greyhound.
You will certainly miss the big lad. Thank you for taking him into your home and giving him a wonderful life.
RIP dear big Billy.
Uncle Jimmy and auntie Celia.

Hi Elaine and Callum

We are so sorry for your loss.
Its a very sad and difficult time I know. We lost our beautiful Megan in March with a very similar thing. As you quite rightly say its very raw right now but hope u will feel able to adopt another one later.

Stuart and I are going to do just that hopefully very soon with Celia and Jimmy's guidance.

Our sympathies are with you

Love
Christine and Stuart