Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crowd Funding for Tanya

I like many other people on Facebook were horrified to see the photos of the poor wee soul Tanya, the baby Lurcher, who had been treated so very badly by someone. It made me feel so sick and angry. I wanted to do something, anything to help this wee soul. I suggested on Facebook that maybe we should try and do some crowd funding, to help towards Tanya's vet fees, so I asked if anyone could tell me how it worked.

Isabelle Freyahound send me posts on how it works, as she has done it before, for the poor wee Galgo in Spain, who was thrown under a train and lost a leg. She has kindly offered to set one up, if we can get permission to do so, from Celia and Jimmy and the Administrators of the GRF Facebook page. I have contacted Celia and Jimmy today to ask for permission and Isabel has contacted the Administrators on Facebook. If we get their permissions, Isabelle will be starting up a crowd funding page tomorrow on the GRF Facebook page, for anyone who would like to donate, to help with any vet fees incurred, for the most beautiful little angel Tanya and to help Celia and Jimmy, who will devote their love, care and money to help this little baby Lurcher.

I would like to thank Isabelle for offering to set this up for me, as I do not have very much knowledge on how to use Facebook and do not want to make a mess of it. Also, We are moving to the Western Isles hopefully in the next few weeks, so I am busy trying to pack up to go there, which is proving a bit stressful to say the least, but I have offered to help her in any way I can.

Some people have already offered money if Isabelle sets up the crowd funding, so I am hoping it will be a great success for the little angel in the care of Celia and Jimmy.

Re: Crowd Funding for Tanya

I’ve spoken to Celia and she is fine with this. Obviously wee Tanya is going to need a lot of care to get her fit enough to rehome, so help with vets fees and the costs of keeping her and rehabilitating her will be most welcome.

Isabelle has contacted George, one of my fellow GRF Facebook group admins, and he’s in the process of confirming that we’d be delighted for her to go ahead with this fund raising.

That's a wonderful idea. But for those of us that do not use Facebook will there be another way we can subscribe to the crowd-funding page?

A good question! I think that a go fund me page gets set up and you just need a link to it. Once this has been set up I’ll post up a link to it so forum users can get involved.

That is good news Steve. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Thanks for your help with this.

Many thanks Steve.

Crowd Funding for Tanya (Link to Just Giving page)

Thanks to Isabelle for setting the page up for Celia and Jimmy and Greyhound Rescue Fife to help raise much needed funds for Tanya.

This is the link to the Just Giving Page for Tanya

You may have to right click on your mouse on your pc or long press on the link if on a tablet or phone to open the link

A few pictures of Tanya to let you all see the condition of her and how she is going to need lots of care to get her back to health and fit for rehoming.

Thank you in advance for your support.

George, Morag

Ace & Chelsea

Re: Crowd Funding for Tanya (Link to Just Giving page)

Oh the poor girl! How can people be so cruel? Many thanks for the link. I do hope Tanya makes a full recovery and finds a wonderful Forever Home.