Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greyhound Oil Painting up for auction to benefit GRF

We have been lucky to have a member of the GRF Facebook group offer an original oil painting for auction with all proceeds going to GRF.

Click here for the auction

We are auctioning a painting that has been kindly donated by North Wales artist Tommy Baker.

100% of the sale will go direct to Greyhound Rescue Fife.

This will be a 7 day auction with the painting ending on Sunday 21st October at 7pm.

Full details below:
An Original Oil Painting by North Wales Artist Tommy Baker supplied in white antique frame
"Happy Hounds"
Oil on Canvas: 10 x 8 Inches
Frame Size: 13 x 11 Inches
Completed 2018, Signed by the Artist
Starting bid of £9.99
Postage is £12

Simply bid by putting your bid amount in the comments replying to the facebook post. Happy Bidding!

A huge thanks to Tommy Baker for his generosity, and to his son Damien Baker for getting in touch to arrange this.

Re: Greyhound Oil Painting up for auction to benefit GRF

A huge thank you to Tommy Baker for his generosity in donating this painting to Greyhound Rescue Fife, and to his son Damien for arranging it. Ally and Jane Schofield, parents of Fraz and Zoe, won the auction at £80 + £12 P+P which they kindly rounded up to £100. Julie and I have decided to cover the postage costs, so a full £100 will go to GRF.

Tommy and Damien have also offered to donate 20% to GRF from any painting sold to a GRF supporter, and we have already benefited from this further act of generosity.

If you're interested in Tommys artwork please click here

I am pleased to announce that Damien Baker has been in touch and offered another one of his Dads paintings for us to auction.

The auction ends next Saturday (28th September) at 9pm. As with the last auction, just add your bid to the comments in the Facebook post which you can find by clicking here

Happy bidding and good luck!

After a bidding war between Susan Mathewson and Carol Young the painting has raised an incredible £151 for GRF

Julie and I have covered the postage costs, and as a further bonus Carol has bought a painting from Tommy Baker meaning GRF receive a further 20% donation from Damien Baker.

This is a fantastic result for GRF

Yes - Carol & I had a friendly battle, but we both came out of it very happy!

My painting arrived this morning, and it is STUNNING - so delighted to have won this piece, and to have helped GRF into the bargain. Thank you to Tommy Baker for donating this and to Damien, Julie & Steve for organising.

Susan x

Hi Steve and Julie.
Thanks for handling the sale of Tommy Baker's lovely painting and for the satnavs that Arnold Clark donated to us.
All I all a fantastic £250 was raised for our homeless hounds.
Thanks to Tommy Baker for so kindly donating the painting and for all the time and work spent in producing such a lovely painting, and his very kind 20% donation for the sale of his second painting.
Thanks to Susan and Carol for the bids that you made for the painting
The dogs say " Woof Woof to you all. "
Celia and Jimmy.