Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bess won’t leave the house

Hi Bert,
Thanks for your reply. We have tried all this. Bess has his coat, but it makes no difference. There is a greyhound walk in the forest up here soon, I will try to take her. She loved the forest but now she won’t leave the car. I don’t mind if she becomes a ‘house dog’, I guess I’m just more concerned for her health if she doesn’t go for walks. I remember Celia and Jimmy had Captain Jack who was reluctant to walk. I see he got a home and I would be interested to know if he improved or is a house dog.

My lurcher, Charna, lost her best buddy, Mr Bean, and became extremely nervous, making large detours rather than passing other dogs. When I got my greyhound, Kim, however, she immediately re-found her confidence and marched up to other dogs happily to say hello. Maybe she just needs a new hero in her life? I know it's a big step.

Thanks Marion for your reply. We have been considering another grey but we are not sure yet. It’s something to think about.

I had a similar situation a few years ago when I lost my girl. My boy didn't cope very well at all and only regained his confidence when I adopted another female greyhound. Sometimes they just need a buddy.