Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Skyline Luke aka Bootsie aka The Rover Reporter ...

Just wanted to let you all know that our beloved Bootsie crossed the Rainbow 🌈 Bridge this morning. We could not have loved him more, and were SO lucky to have spent the past, almost, 7 years with him 😢

Re: Skyline Luke aka Bootsie aka The Rover Reporter ...

We are so very sorry to hear about Bootsie ,he was a lovely big lad and nobody could have loved him more than yourselves he wanted for nothing ,he was showered with TLC from the day you got him. We know exactly what you are going thro at this very sad time but please always think of the good times ,the funny times ,the times you would take him his favourite walk and feel so proud of him as he would strut his stuff as only a greyhound can.
Run free beautiful big lad, our thoughts and prayers are with you Susan and Moira
Bert,Irene and Billy

So sorry to hear that Susan & Moira

Bootsie was a lucky lad those 7 years and showered with love.

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Karen & Niel

So sorry to hear your sad news. Run free sweet boy

So sorry to here of Bootsie's crossing to the bridge, he was a lovely boy. Our thoughts are with you both at this very sad time.

What very sad news, Bootsie was clearly the centre of your universe but also loved as the Rover Reporter by many of us who followed your great newsletters.
We will have happy memories of chewed head-rests at the GRF show and barking on West Sands, and I'm sure, in time, all your memories will be hugely happy too. He was one of life's characters and you allowed him to be that character - a big gentle boy and a great ambassador for his breed.
Best wishes to you both,
Marion

So sorry to hear your sad news. The Rover Reporter was one of a kind.

Hi Susan and Moira.
We're so very, very sorry to hear of the death of dear Bootsie.
We remember the first time we saw him. We'd just joined the Retired Greyhound Trust and a huge van arrived with our first group of ten. Bootsie was one of them and I remember saying " what a lovely coat ". He was a very loveable character and we thank you both for taking him into your loving home and giving him the life that all greyhounds deserve. Don't be sorry, no need, you both gave him such a happy life. Remember the millions of funny things he did that made you laugh. He is now enjoying his second childhood across the Bridge.
RIP dear Bootsie of the loving heart.
Uncle Jimmy and auntie Celia.

Hi we are so sorry for your loss of bootsie he was very much loved our thoughts are with you
Annette Alan and dougie the donut xxx

I'm so sorry to read this about your Bootsie, but what a happy life he clearly had with you.

Dear Susan and Moira, we are devastated to read your very sad post about your beautiful boy Bootsie. We have only just seen your post, as we are hardly ever on the forum now, due to being so busy, since moving into our new home in Lewis. I got such a shock when I read the post. I know exactly how your will be feeling just now and there is nothing we can say to take away your pain, only to say that time will heal your broken hearts. You gave Bootsie the most wonderful home and all the love and happiness a Greyhound could every want. He was a very happy Greyhound and so, so handsome.

He was our bridge boy Squeek's best friend, and they could bring the roof down at the annual Greyhound Shows, with their very loud barking. I think they both enjoyed their barking episodes very much.

Bootsie will never be forgotten, by the many, people who knew him, from the kennels, the Greyhound Shows, where he won lots and lots of prizes and from his days, as the Rover Reporter of the Newsletter.

You will have so many beautiful memories Susan and Moira, which in time will make you smile again. Thinking about you both and crying with you. xxxx

Run free beautiful Bootsie and catch up with your best friend Squeek.

So sad to hear of news of your beloved bootsie lots of love and hugs gill john willow xxx

Oh I’m so sorry. Bootsie was an absolute legend 💕