Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bonnie the little lurcher

I'm very sad to say that my lovely little lurcher Bonnie died today, from a tumour which haemorrhaged. Some of you may remember her and her housemate Lady on the Greyhound Rescue walks. She was a mini-me to some of the lovely female greyhounds!
She was a sweet-natured soul who will be greatly missed.

Re: Bonnie the little lurcher

I am so sorry to hear that your beloved dog has passed. Try to remember the lovely life you gave her and the happy memories you made together. My thoughts and warmest wishes are sent to you. 💞💖

Kathleen, I'm so sorry to hear this news, it is always so hard to lose one and Lady must be feeling lost too. I haven't been on Sunday walks much for a while, as my lurcher, Foggy, has developed fear aggression due to a progressive incurable blindness condition, so he's not a very good advert out on walks. I do remember Bonnie and Lady, who were so dainty next to their greyhound chums. My best wishes to you and Lady.

Thank you both.

Marion, I'm afraid Lady died a while back. You can see her photo on page 6 of the In Memoriam section. Bonnie was bereft when we lost Lady and it was a great joy when she finally, after many weeks, started to play with her toys again.
Then a very elderly collie (he was fifteen) who had landed in rescue came to stay. He only lived another eight months so was sixteen when he died. A tough old boy!
Since then she was happy with her routine and being the only dog.

I know you've taken on many of the halt and the lame, so I'm sure Foggy is as happy as is possible to be given his condition.

Oh Kathleen, I’m so sorry to hear about Bonnie. She was a lovely smaller version of Lucy and they loved walking together. They will all be reunited playing with their toys over the bridge.

Very sorry to hear about Bonnie. Xx

Oh Kathleen, we are so sorry to hear about the death of little Bonnie. Bonnie and Lady were a most beautiful pair. They will now be happily reunited on the other side of the Bridge. They did however have a wonderful life with their mummy. Thank you for taking them both into your home. Bless the two dear little girls.
Auntie Celia and uncle Jimmy.

Thank you. They were wonderful and grew closer and closer as the years went on. I was so lucky to have them.