Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Buster collar problem

Here is an update for Kitty, and I'm delighted to be able to say that we did not need to resort to a buster collar. The baby sock and bootie worked very well, and Kitty did not try to interfere with it. I changed the socks every few days as they did get a bit dirty and I was worried about possible infection. The Johnson Anti-chew Spray was effective initially, but she did become insensitive to it, so I changed to Bob Martin Chew Stop Spray, which certainly did the trick. It smelt vile, so what it tasted like I dread to think, but it certainly worked.

The wound healed very well and the stitches were removed this morning. Unless there are any problems we will not need any further appointments. I have been advised to use the sock for a few more days as licking could cause problems and Kitty is a great licker! But she is comfortable, happy and playful, and it will be good to allow her some longer walks again.

Thanks again to all those who replied to my first email asking for advice. Your suggestions were most helpful.

That’s great news :sunglasses:

Thanks so much for the update Jo and well done Kitty! These are all useful tips for everyone as few greyhounds escape minor (or sometimes major) injuries and appropriate aftercare can make all the difference to a successful and timely outcome.