Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Patch

Our boy has gone. Patch was diagnosed with osteosarcoma in his jaw last July. He’s been losing so much weight but eating and trotting around quite the thing. Then tonight he didn’t eat his dinner. At bedtime he stood up and his breathing was laboured. I called emergency vet and his lungs were filled with fluid. It’s been a long time of getting used to the disease which was never going to have a good outcome. But the end has been so horrendously quick. I don’t know how we will cope without him and his quirks. He was such a special boy

Apologies for not calling jimmy and Celia but given time of night and somehow I need to get it together to work tomorrow... Thank you so much for trusting us with him. He was one of my ‘heart dogs’ and was so special xx

Re: Patch

Amanda, We have loved hearing about Patch over the time he had his happy life with you and he will leave you with so much more joy than grief when time has mended you.
Best wishes.

So sorry to hear this. Trina mellowed during her time with us and I’m sure she’ll look out for her brother over the bridge.

Thank you Marion - he was so much part of the family and has left a huge hole

Thanks Steve. Despite how Trina was, I’ve no doubt she will be looking after him. She was such a loving girl. . Both gone too soon 💕

Aw gee Amanda.
We were terribly saddened to read the news. You fought such a great fight for him and he was so worth it.
His character will forever be irreplaceable for you.
Don't dwell on the bad day. Think of all the wonderful days you had him and how he made you laugh.
Goodbye dear Patch. There is a new star in the Heavens.
Jimmy and Celia.

Hello Amanda - I have not been on the website for a while and have just read your very sad news about Patch.

Stuart and I can sympathise with you as we lost our beautiful Megan a year ago with fluid in her chest and lungs.

Like you it was so quick and unexpected we couldn't believe it. Its devastating. As Celia and Jimmy quite rightly said to us, remember the wonderful times you had and how lucky he was to have such loving owners.

We adopted a new baby greyhound from Celia and Jimmy last October. She is called Mabel and we just love her to bits. It did take us 6 months to do it but so glad we did as she's a right character but absolutely gorgeous.

I know how you feel and we are thinking of you at this time. Take care of yourselves xxx