Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Very sad news.

It is with heavy hearts that we have to report the death, today, of Eileen Rickenbach.
Eileen was diagnosed with terminal cancer 13 months ago. She bravely fought it but finally she succumbed today.
Those of us who had the great honour of knowing her and calling her a friend, remember a very cheery lady, always laughing, even recently. She was a very hard working lady at the kennels, who never seemed to stop, even for a wee rest.
GRF has lost a priceless volunteer and she will be very sadly missed.
Thank you Eileen for all the laughs you gave us at the kennels.
Celia, Jimmy, the staff, Connor the greyhound and all your many friends.

Re: Very sad news.

Oh no! I've just got home from walking at the kennels and picked up this post. What a very brave lady she was and what a sad loss to the world, to GRF and all who knew and respected her. Why does it always happen to the good guys?
I'm sure Connor and my Eagle (who shared her coffee at the kennels) join me in wishing her a very fond farewell.

Very sad news indeed. Condolences to Eileen’s family and friends

So sorry to read this. I loved volunteering at the kennels on Fridays with Eileen . She was a wonderful lady and I was amazed at her positive attitude after her diagnosis. She will be very much missed.

So sorry to hear about Eileen our thoughts go to her family.

Why is it the good guys and girls that have their lives taken from them in their prime, It was far to soon for Eileen!

Thoughts go to her family

George, Morag and the Hounds.:broken_heart: :heart:

Hi all.
Just to let you know that Eileen's funeral is at 2.45pm on Wednesday 1st May in Dunfermline crematorium.
I think that Eileen would have been pleased to know that we turned up to say farewell to a very special lady.