Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Keira and Brock (Broxie)

Just a quick update to let you all know how Keira and Brock (we decided to change his name slightly) are getting on with us in Falkirk.

The both seem to have completely settled into our home and are just lovely. Their personalities are definitely starting to show... Brock is just a docile big lump who we have nicknamed 'Sneaky Pal Thief' as he picks up any small soft toys that he finds and takes them into his bed. The only noise that he has made since coming to us has been a rather loud grumble from his stomach before breakfast this morning, not one whine or bark. He enjoys standing at the window and watching the world go by. Keira has settled in well and is showing herself to be an intelligent and loving girl. She loves playing with squeaky toys and a ball. She loves her bed, and has already learned to go there when we tell her.

They both are learning fast, and verbal praise seems to work better that treats - I wish that I could say the same about my children! They are both VERY interested in our chickens, but they are gradually getting easier to distract. This is definitely a work in progress. As for the bagpipes, Celia was keen to hear how they reacted, well it seems like they couldn't give two hoots! After Lawrie started playing them, they lay down and closed their eyes after about 30 seconds! To be honest, loud noises don't seem to phase them at all, it's fast movements that they get twitchy with - but I guess that is to be expected. We're working well on walking in the park, we had some success today when encountering a few small dogs that were off their leads. They weren't running around, so I think that definitely helped! Anything coming up fast behind them, like cars/runners/cyclists cause them to spook, but we'll just keep working on that.

Thank you so much to Celia and Jimmy for matching our family with two amazing dogs, they are perfect additions to our family!

The Higgins family
Kate, Lawrie, Andrew (12), Fraser (10) and David (6)

Re: Keira and Brock (Broxie)

Great update. Hope all continues to go well. They are lovely dogs.

Thanks so much for posting about the lovely pair. I hope Keira is gaining in confidence and that her front foot wound is recovering well. I think Brock is a great name change and suits him well, he's just that beautiful classic 'blue' greyhound colour.
I'm sure they will be a great addition to your family and we wish you all well.

Hi Kate.
Thank you for the wonderful update on Keira and Brock. Your update certainly made us smile. It's just how we remember the two of them. We thought that they'd be OK with you but it is nice to know that they have settled well. Keira, I suppose, will still be the boss.
We thank you very much for taking them into your loving home and please give them both huge cuddles from their old uncle and auntie.
We hope that you have a very long and happy life together.