Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GREYHOUND RESCUE FIFE IS CLOSING.

Greyhound Rescue Fife is closing today at 2pm, since the staff are going today, Wednesday, to the funeral of former volunteer Eileen Rickenbach.

Re: GREYHOUND RESCUE FIFE IS CLOSING.

So sorry I couldn't make it to Eileen's funeral today. I shall instead spend a few quiet moments remembering this lovely lady and the wonderful contribution she made during her time at GRF.

Re: GREYHOUND RESCUE FIFE IS CLOSING.

It was a very moving ceremony. We arrived in time to let Bert (who brought Star from the Kilmarnock vet to GRF) see our wee blondie again and join us in a walk around the gardens, where Eagle (Eileen's coffee-drinking partner at the kennels) chose the biggest, poshest marble headstone to pay his tribute to her! Connor arrived with Jimmy and Celia and attended the service like the true gentle-dog he is, with only the occasional whine, especially when Bridge Over Troubled Water gave us a few moments to reflect.
The tribute to Eileen taught me much about her and it was lovely to meet her family. She planned her own funeral and, characteristically, made us all smile by playing Come on Eileen to open proceedings - what a great girl.