Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newsletter

Hi Folks,
The April newsletter is now up! http://www.greyhoundrescuefife.com/newsletter92.pdf

Apologies for the delay, still don't have Wifi with the house move.
Hope you all enjoy!

Re: Newsletter

An excellent and very informative Newsletter Dylan.
Thank you very much for producing it.
An enjoyable read.

Re: Newsletter

Really enjoyed the newsletter again, Dylan, thank you, especially juggling with moving house.
The Trust article is close to my heart as wee Star was involved in an RTA and had to have her leg amputated, amongst other injuries, due to running off-lead. If it wasn't for the kindness of a member of public, the Kilmarnock vet, and GRF, she wouldn't be the happy little hop-along we rehomed and love today.
There is another side to this, as it's not just your precious greyhound who can be damaged by running off-lead. Their instinct tells them to chase/catch/kill and racers are encouraged to chase and catch in the name of sport. Even if your hound is a friendly and easy going pet on lead, it only takes a certain set of circumstances to make the chase instinct take over if they are free to run. Many dogs chase but are not as fast as greyhounds, so wildlife like rabbits, hares, deer, and pheasants can be at risk. Domestic animals like sheep/lambs, cats and even small dogs, may suffer if your greyhound is out of control. Accidents happen and it may not seem like a risk at the time, but then it's too late. I speak from experience to my eternal regret.