Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 2019 Moffat sponsored G.R.F. Dog Show

Hi George,

Thank you so much for your reply. I am so sorry! I can well appreciate your disappointment and frustration after all the hard work you have already put in. I do appreciate why many people find it easier to use Facebook, but sadly I have had unpleasant experiences with it myself in the past when I was still working, and have no wish to use it, or any other form of social media, ever again.

Best wishes, Jo

Hi Jo

If you have no wish to engage with social media it is still possible to set up a Facebook account to view things that are posted there.

You do not have to use your own name for the account, you can set it so nobody can add you as a friend, and you set it so all your posts are private - you don’t even have to post anything,

This will take you five minutes at most, whereas George will probably have to spend two or three hours to upload photos to an alternative location.

I have posted videos and photos from the show to the GRF Facebook group, and other people who attended the show have done the same. It’s a great group and you don’t need to compromise your own security by joining Facebook with a secure, private profile set up as I’ve suggested.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Steve, that looks good. George, please don't go to any extra effort. I will do as Steve recommends.

Best, Jo

Hello again.

Further to my post above, I have now subscribed to Facebook, and so am able to open all the pictures. Thank you again, Steve, for your advice, and thank you very much George for the wonderful photos! What a wonderful day it obviously was - I only wish I could have been there.

Very best, Jo

That’s good you got it sorted. Hopefully we’ll see you at next years show, or maybe one of the walks

Please find my pictures now uploaded onto the Google platform for non Facebook users.
To upload the pictues to use on this forum takes many hours so depending on the views it receive will depend on whether i will continue to do all this for next years dog show.

Last years post on here with the dog show pictures only had 129 views so do you think its worth hours of work uploading pictures and then posting them here?
Most of our members prefer our facebook page as they can share their pictures and comments so much easier.

Below are the links to my pictures on the Google platform.

Dog show stalls and prizes

To view the dog show and stalls pictures click here

Junior handler

To view the Junior handler pictures click here

Male Greyhound

To view the Male Greyhound pictures click here

Non Greyhound

To view the Non Greyhound pictures click here

Family of dogs

To view the family of dogs pictures click here

Loveable face

To view the loveable face pictures click here

Female Greyhound

To view the Female Greyhound pictures click here

Homeless hounds

To view the homeless hounds pictures click here

Best in show final

To view the best in show pictures click here

To complete this I have also uploaded the programme to the Google platform

The dog show programme sponsored by Western Volkswagen

To view the programme click here

I hope now you have an option of uploading platforms, forum users can now view the dog show pictures.

Thank you

Thank you so much for going to all that trouble George. Not everyone likes social media, and I'm sure they will appreciate this as much as I do.
Very best, Jo