Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kell

Sadly Kell lost his battle with heart disease today.

He came to us with Lucy ten years ago. He was a strong, powerful boy and had been in GRFs kennels for well over a year before we met him and took him. We picked him and Lucy up from Baltree on its opening weekend.

Everything in the house was new and exciting for him. The first Sunday afternoon with us he spent transfixed watching the Formula One on the television (it must have been more exciting back then!)

At his first GRF Dog Show in 2010 he took Best In Show..

Kell always enjoyed his walks, especially the GRF walks where he would make it his mission to get to the front. His party trick was sitting down in the water to cool off on a hot summers day.

He was always a kind, gentle soul who'd look out for his little brother Boss and his sisters Lucy and Trina, and more recently Rozy. When Boss first came to us he would look to Kell for reassurance and guidance.

He was first diagnosed with heart disease back in October and the prognosis was not good. We were all surprised that he made it through Christmas and then his fourteenth birthday in February.

His heart is calm now, and he joins Lucy and Trina over the bridge. Sleep well my boy.

Re: Kell

Very sad to have this news of Kell, who was a very special boy and must leave a huge gap in your lives, as he was with you for a long time. It is credit to you and Julie that he made fourteen years, which is a very good age for an ex-racing greyhound. He reminds me of my Jock, who also loved to flop down in the water to cool off, and died last summer. I remember what a proud 'Dad' you were when Kell won Best in Show and rightly so. I also remember the dew claw incident and 'Mr Pliers'. He leaves you with so many great memories to cherish.

Re: Kell

Sorry that Kell has gone, he was a majestic match for my Lofty who we took on the monthly walks when we lived in the area.