Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you Phil

Some time ago Phil Piper rehomed two dogs from GRF. Phil reckons they give him so much pleasure that he wanted to do something for the kennel dogs waiting for a home.
Phil plays in the Inverkeithing Community Big Band so he decided to get the band to put on a show for our dogs' welfare in the Strathearn Hotel in Kirkcaldy Phil paid the band expenses and hire of the hotel hall himself, bless him, so that the dogs received the maximum donations.
The show was expected to be good. Instead it was fantastic with some very talented musicians and two excellent singers entertaining an absolutely full hall. We all thoroughly enjoyed the show.
It turned out that the show raised the absolutely fabulous amount of £1421 for our homeless greyhounds. We simply cannot thank Phil and the band enough.
Phil presented us with the money today and the photo shows Celia, Phil's son, Phil's daughter, Phil himself and Jimmy.

Big band

Re: Thank you Phil

Wow! Cap that if you can, what a wonderful thing to do for the hounds and a magnificent sum raised. I knew those little whippety monkeys, Flash & Misty, had landed on their paws as soon as I met Phil while doing his home check back in 2017. They must be very proud of their Dad and rightly so.

What a wonderfully generous thing to do! And a terrific achievement.

A fantastic amount raised for Greyhound Rescue Fife and I really appreciate Phil dedicating this wonderful event in memory of Mac (MacLeod).

It was a wonderful, happy, sunny afternoon … the band were fantastic, and the singers excellent!

What a wonderful gesture Phil, thank you.

Susan & Mo xx

Yes, that was so lovely - Mac was such a lovely boy.

Susan, Mo & Sandy xXx

Thank you Phil for a thoroughly enjoyable, foot-tapping Sunday afternoon. Both you and your colleagues are immensely talented and your obvious generosity of heart and spirit and love for the dogs is much appreciated.

A great concert. The Band members are incredibly talented. Well done Phil for sponsoring the show.