Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE VIRUS.

Dear volunteers, though I much rather call you friends, no, even family, I must make this post on behalf of Celia and myself, with immediate effect.

It is with great regret that I am having to ban all our volunteers from coming to the kennels during the virus crisis. We have seen the effect of the virus in Italy and I wouldn't want our friends becoming infected because they tried to help us. It is a very serious virus indeed.

We knew this was most likely going to happen, so we have been running down the dog numbers until we can get a number that Celia and I can handle. We are getting close to that number.
At this moment in time we shall keep one member of staff, on their own in the kennels, while we work elsewhere independently. We will cover the hugely reduced night shift. That way we can keep the rescue going until we can all meet again.

It is going to be a long haul but we wish you all well and virus free. We thank you all for the amazing, unbelievable help that you all have given us without question. At our age without you the rescue would have folded. In the last seven months we have rehomed around 90 dogs so we were doing well, thanks to your efforts.

Self isolate yourselves as much as possible and take great care. We need you all back.

So we are not saying goodbye - we are saying cheerio for the moment, so please, please, please, when the time is right, promise you'll all come back to our kennels again.

Your AULD NUMPTIES, Jimmy and Celia.

Re: VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE VIRUS.

A difficult decision, but absolutely the right decision.

Given the evolving situation with Coronavirus I think it is prudent that we also postpone the GRF monthly walks for the foreseeable future. Current advice is to maintain a distance of two metres from others and this just isn’t feasible with the monthly walks.

At the stage that government advice changes regarding social distancing we will revisit the walk calendar. The walks are in an important part of the GRF family and I hope they can resume sooner rather than later, but only when it is safe to do so.

Hi Steve.
I am 100% in agreement with you.
They're heartbreaking decisions but people's health must be paramount in our minds.
I hope it resolves reasonably soon. You hear lots of guesswork regarding the duration of the virus but there are too many variables to state anything with much accuracy.

Your unerring instinct was right from the start about this virus, Celia, and I agreed with you. It is not just about you protecting us from the virus, it is about us protecting you too.
It's going to be a tough time for you but you have made the preparations and your decision is sound. I shall miss seeing you both and the dogs but I, at least, have my own small pack of hounds to keep me happy and focussed. I know some are not so fortunate.
I'm sure all your volunteers will be waiting in the wings to return as soon as the curfew is lifted. Until then, best wishes to you and the staff and please keep us posted via the forum.

A sad decision for you to have to take but definitely the right one.
Test assured that as soon as it is safe to do so, the volunteers will be back at Baltree. AS you say, we are really a family, not just an organisation.
Stay safe and well, dear Jimmy and Celia. Hope it's not too long until things are back to normal at the kennels.

Thanks for all your support. It gives us heart. We are missing you all already
Roll on the day, the sooner the better. We look forward very much indeed to seeing you all again.

Celia and Jimmy. Please take good care of yourselves x

Hi Celia and Jimmy

A message of support from afar. You have made the right decision for the your health and the volunteers. I cannot imagine how you are coping with the workload.

Sandy and I are fine but holed up in a flat. Due to complete on my new home on Friday and so looking forward to having a garden again.

Take care
Jim