Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Virtual GRF

With the current situation with Corona virus I'm sure some of the regular volunteers and visitors will be missing their regular GRF fix!

Fortunately Sean, one of the regular staff, has been taking photos and posting them on the GRF Facebook group. For those of you who haven't got access to Facebook I'll post them here with Sean's comments

Duke! who is quite happy to pose for photos

Tariq, who is not good at posing for photos and will not keep still

Tariq can be cajoled into keeping still for a photo by using bribery (a bonio treat just out of shot).
Possibly the cuddliest dog in the kennel.

Baby-faced "Baby". She also will not keep still for a photo. Possibly the sweetest natured dog in the kennel. She's absolutely adorable and walked well with GRF veteran Jimmy today (Jimmy was probably happier about this than Baby)

You can also see Duke in action if you click here

Re: Virtual GRF

Seans photos from today

Beautiful day at the kennels today

Statue of the lady was recently taken out of winter hibernation

New house dog Josie. I haven't taken a picture of Missy yet

Linford and a decapitated Celia after Linford's morning run

Good lad Linford wagging his tail

Beauty

Judy and her kennel mate Sparta

Judy

Red eye Judy

Sparta

Tariq roaching

And teh videos,

Click here for Max the boarder out for a strut

and here for Sparky having his dinner. Sparky is a bit......idiosyncratic. As many of you know, Sparky can not be left alone with a dish. So we feed him and give him water by hand.
Holding Sparky's dish whilst he eats his dinner is one of the nicest jobs in the kennel. Watching Sparky eat his meal is strangely cathartic and it gives an excuse to sit down for 5 minutes.
You can tell Sparky appreciates this by the way he will occasionally gently belch in your face after he's finished.
Beautiful boy who REALLY loves horses!!
(listen for rooky in the background @4 seconds)

obligatory duke pic

another obligatory duke pic (he really does love posing for the camera)

Fabulous photos! :heart_eyes:

Thanks Steve (and Sean). I don't do Facebook and have been missing the dogs and news from the kennels after shut-down.
Celia and Jimmy and all the staff are clearly doing a great job and you must be some of the few people whose exercise is increasing these days, rather than being curtailed!
We miss you and, as John said in his post, we salute you and can't wait to be allowed back to get in the way again!

Todays phots from Sean

Foggy

Ozzy and Foggy have seen a horse!!!

Ozzy blinking whilst I take a photo.

Beautiful Baby in her bed after dinner.

BARNEY!!!!!

Dec was not in the greatest mood today as his neighbour (who shall remain nameless) keeps peeing into his kennel. I thought I'd try to cheer him up by doting on him whilst I washed the dishes.

Dec chin scratch.

Duke and Boo! Walking today, which as you can tell by the body language, didn't go very well. Duke has walked fantastically with Bailey, Connall and his old mate King..... but this was the first time I tried walking him with a girl. Nothing dramatic happened but neither were amused. They're quite happy as neighbours but not walking buddies.

Sparky looking contemplative

Goodnight from Tariq!

Sundays photos from Sean

Bracken and Tony (Madge is just out of shot)

Bracken and Tony after having a gently paced walk.

I saw rabbits at GRF today, luckily none of the dogs did!
Beauty in the pic

Beauty living up to her name

Scottie who, when he isn't busy pulling your arm off, is pretty handsome.

Duke letting off some steam

Click here for a video in the kennels. The dogs collectively roo when they think nobody is around and I was hoping to capture this on a video. Easier said than done as they tend to clam up as soon as they think a person is in the kennel.
I love how sheepish Jimmy looks at the end!

Many thanks Steve,
I'm still struggling to post pictures on the forum.
Any advice would be appreciated

Hey Sean, I haven’t posted any of your recent photos because there’s been next to no interest in this post, but here’s how to do it from a laptop or PC

On Facebook right click on your photo and copy image location

On the forum type img in square brackets, then paste the image location you’d copied from Facebook and then type /img in square brackets

Hit return, then add your comments, return again and repeat.

I can’t see any way of doing it from a phone or tablet