Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ashy

To those who don't already know my lurcher Ashy passed away in the early hours of May 1st. It was a great shock as apart from refusing food the previous day, she had shown no symptoms of illness and appeared to be in good health. She passed peacefully with no signs of distress.

She was 6 years old and I got her 2 years ago from GRF. Many knew Ashy as the mum of my other girl Misty, and part if the duo known as The Operatives. Her funny antics will live with me always, and as a tribute to her I am sharing a series of photos of life with Ashy.

Re: Ashy

I think everyone in GRF who had got to know and love the Operatives was sad when they read your tragic and unexpected news on Facebook. Ashy was a real character and she and Misty certainly found a wonderful home with you. x

Hi Phil and Misty.
We're so sorry too that Ashy died.
She was such a lovely wee live wire.
Chin up Phil, remember all the fun times, not the bad one. You gave her the life that all doggies deserve but they don't all get.
Please give Misty hugs from her auntie and uncle.

Thank you Sheila.

Dear Phil,
So sorry to have your news of Ashy. She wasn't old but it seems she was spared a traumatic end - that angst was saved for you and I feel for you. Misty will miss her and you may see a change in her behaviour. My lurcher, Charna, became really nervous around other dogs when she lost her big buddy, Mr Bean, but she bounced back instantly when I adopted my first greyhound, Kim.
Mike and I did your home check, way back, and I knew your "operatives" were in for a great future. Thank you on their behalf and best wishes.

Thank you Marion.

Dear Phil and Misty, I am so sorry, but I have just learned that Ashy has died. We know how sad you must be feeling, as we have had 4 of our hounds die and it was the worst pain in the world to lose them.

I read all your posts about Ashy and Misty and thought what a wonderful life those two hounds are having. The love you showed for them shone out in your posts, so you should be very proud of the happy life you gave Ashy and still do for Misty. She will be very lost for a while, as she will be missing Ashy, but maybe in time, you will be able to give the love and happy home you gave them, to another Greyhound looking for a loving forever home. Our Carrie has got a new lease of life, since we adopted another two friends for her.

I was just sitting this morning, thinking about the last boy we lost, less than a year ago, big Reuben aka Dave who we did not have for very long either. I was crying thinking about him, as we still miss him very much and the other 3 we lost, then I read on Facebook that you had lost Ashy, which made me even more sad, as I know how much you loved her and knew the pain you must be in.

Everyone on here will be thinking about you and Misty and sending love to you both. Take care Phil and keep in touch with us.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have been overwhelmed by the response I got from my GRF family. Ashy didn't know that so many people followed my jottings, about her and Misty's patrols, or that she was my #1 Operative. :grinning:
You may have seen a series of photos I posted of Ashy's life, with the title "Ashy 'n me". I wanted to highlight some important events in creating the bond we shared.
Ashy, being Misty's mum, was always the dominant one of the partnership. This would have been the case even if they were not related, by her sheer exuberance, and extrovert personality. :grinning:

I now see a change in Misty, as she grows more confident daily, and learns how to interact with life, and me, without her mum's influence.

Seeing these changes is both a joy and work in progress.
Thanks again for your post it means so much.
Best wishes and stay safe,
Phil