Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Now if I'm not mistaken ....

…. I reckon Sean must be doing the write-ups on the Please Choose Me page, as they seem to have a very Sean-like turn of phrase recently - and they're brilliant!
Given that we volunteers are unlikely to meet many of the new intake before they disappear off to their new homes, it's lovely to see such personal descriptions of them, thank you.
Of course the purpose is not to please us but to attract/inform potential adopters and I'm sure that will work too - I keep having to remind myself that four is plenty (unless your name is Fernie!).

Re: Now if I'm not mistaken ....

Fiona has written the vast majority of the write ups for the new dogs. She wrote the descriptions for 11 new dogs in one go! When you've got 11 wonderful dogs this is difficult as there's only so many ways you can rephrase "This dog is fantastic! You need this dog!".
I've written some descriptions here and there, and have done for a while, but Fiona usually edits them as I get a bit long-winded and ....... gushing. My splelling isn't too great either.
Miss you and all the volunteers at the kennels. We had/have a real sense of community there.

Hope you're able to see the pictures of the dogs I've been posting on facebook. I'm not the biggest fan of facebook but its simple enough for me to upload pictures onto it (you can look at the pictures with out "joining" facebook).

I've been making sure Ozzy gets a treat when I see him and he's walking much better with Foggy for the moment (I think this is because Celia is out walking the house dogs and he doesn't want to misbehave in front of his Mum).

Sean

Re: Now if I'm not mistaken ....

Well sorry Fiona! I just thought I noticed a change of style but I guess it's because you have more time to spend with the dogs and more time to write them up - anyway the descriptions are great and I love reading them.
I did join Facebook to vote for GRF in some poll or other ages ago so I sneak a peek at the GRF site every now and then but I found GRF via the Forum way back in 2007 and I've followed it ever since - creature of habit!
The new dogs all look lovely and it's great to catch up with the house dogs' antics too. Oz most certainly morphs into a little cherub when his Mum is around (don't we all!).
Best wishes, we miss you all.