Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TCS Amsterdam Marathon - Virtual Fundraiser

On Sunday 25th October I will be running a 26.2 mile marathon to raise funds for GRF. I'm aiming to complete this in 3 hours 45 minutes.

Unfortunately, the Amsterdam Marathon has been cancelled due to Covid, but the organisers have replaced the event with a Virtual marathon.

My route will include places like the Forth & Clyde Canal replacing the Amsterdam Canals, Callander Park for Vondel Park, Lionthorn Woods replacing Amsterdam Forest, Falkirk Steeple instead of Dam Square, Klondye Garden Centre replacing the Tulip Fields (LOL). Westfield replacing Johan Cruijff ArenA: you get the gist!

If you would like to donate to my fundraiser please hit the Donate button on the GRF website & make your donation via card or Paypal referencing the "TCS Marathon" thanks.

Re: TCS Amsterdam Marathon - Virtual Fundraiser

Come on folks. Niel is once again doing something that lots of people would consider a day out in a car.
Marathon running is not easy. Celia and I have done several and the recommended training for it is running 63 MILES EVERY WEEK.
Also, imagine you are stepping in your car and driving to some place about 26 miles from your home. The brave Niel is RUNNING NON STOP THAT DISTANCE FOR NEARLY FOUR HOURS.
So please help him help our homeless dogs.
Good luck Niel and thank you for your mammoth effort.
Jimmy and Celia and his friends the greyhounds.

I have made a small donation. Wish I could give more but am now out of work. Good luck

Thanks to Jo, Marion and Kaz who have given Niel a great £80 start.
Thanks for your kindness ladies.

Hi Folks, I'm just updating everybody on the fundraiser. I ran the marathon on Wednesday 21st this week because the Falkirk weather forecast was looking particularly poorly for today. I completed the marathon in 4 hours and 8 mins approximately, a bit behind my goal but just glad to finish.

I have emailed John to request some event-related photos be posted to the site so hopefully they will be up soon.

Finally I just wanted to thank everybody who supported this fundraising event. I am very touched by the interest and generosity shown in my virtual race, especially at this challenging time.

Stay healthy and strong.

Thanks again Folks, Niel x