Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raw food diet?

Good morning! After years of feeding kibble and wet food, I am considering switching my boys to a raw food diet and would appreciate any feedback, suggestions and experience from the group. Thank you

Re: Raw food diet?

I switched to a raw food diet for my two hounds a couple of years ago. I'm in Edinburgh and buy it from Rawsome in Ormiston. I normally buy the frozen turkey /tripe and beef/tripe, they also get duck wings, they have a vast selection, no complaints from the hounds. Liz

Thanks for that, Liz. I'm in Edinburgh too. I have 2 40kg hounds. Can you tell me (roughly), how much (quantity wise) do you feed per day and (again roughly) how much does it cost daily? Thank you

Thank you for the heads up, Liz. I have just found the perfectlyrawsome websiteand see that I'll need to do my homework properly before making any switch!

Sorry for the delay in replying. I haven't worked out the daily cost. My hounds get a pack of minced tripe either turkey or beef between them a day along with a duck wing and some topside shaving which I buy from Aldi. Rawsome have quite a lot on offer. If you drive its worth paying them a visit, Kevin is very helpful, they also deliver to Edinburgh on a Thursday night. Hope this helps. Liz

That's great, Liz. Thank you for the info.