The Message Board for The Loincloth Site
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Homeland and Loincloth Habits

I know it might be too curious, but I am curious ... about your home countries and your general loincloth habits. I begin with myself:

I'm Austrian, and it's close to ten years now (I believe next April is the 9th anniversary) that I quitted wearing conventionnal underwear, wearing mostly rokushaku fundoshi or something that goes once around the waist and ends in a single front flap, which is folded under the waist section. (This is very very convenient and comfortable!)
When I don't wear conventional pants, I usually wear two-enders much in the style of a bahag (of different material, though) or larger front-flappers. This is my home clothing in summer or a well-heated room in winter. (I rarely wear breechclothes nonowadays.) Over this, I often wear a fantasy-style jacket or, depending on weather, skin-tight pants and a cloak. I avoid additional clothing if it is possible.

Austrian law doesn't forbid the wearing of visible loincloths, be they in combination with other clothing or not, as long as it securely hides the genitals in any body position. However, since for most occasion, a loincloth as the only clothing is usually not considered "apprpriate." I once tried to ride a bus in this best of all apparels. The bus driver wasn't amused and didn't let me in. (This could change with the climate, though. At least one positive thing would be fine, if it just has to come :))

Re: Homeland and Loincloth Habits

For me in the Scottish Highlands, loincloth wearing is pretty much relegated to just my Wild West re-enactment. Folks get a good kick out of getting their photo taken with my fur trapper persona, especially the kids. Sometimes in the summer when the heatwaves hit, I'll strip off the shirt and leggings, but in daily life, it's more acceptable to throw on my kilt instead.

Ah, I see. There'shope that a true Scotsman wears a loincloth under his kilt ;)

Hahah, you know I never thought of that! What I wear under the kilt varies depending on where I am though. If I know kids are going to be around, then underwear for certain. Otherwise, regimental. I'm a re-enactor, and a stickler for accuracy at that =p

Well. then: let the necessary underwear be a loincloth :)

Funny thing is, some plains Indian men wore skirts over their loincloths. (At least for plains Indians, it is a man's garment.) For a Lakota Sun Dance, the skirt is the proper clothing. Just a funny thing the idea of wearing a loincloth under a jolt made me think of.

Hello everyone. I live in the North of France and I wear a loincloth when I go for a walk in the forest, when the temperatures are hot. It's been 10 years that I practice, what I call, "The Loincloth Hiking". It's so nice to be shirtless and barefoot with just a loincloth around the waist on the forest trails.

But I still do not know if I am in violation of French law. Theoretically I would say no, because my private parts are not visible. I have already met walkers but no one has ever told me anything. So I continue to walk in loincloth in the forest. But one day I would like to leave the forest trails and hike in loincloth on other unknown paths.
Sincerely Haraak.

https://haraak.tumblr.com

Vive le pagne !

(I hope I got it right :)