The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Have enjoyed this site and wearing loincloths for a long time...

Thanks! The gear I have is mostly pieced together from hand-me-downs, which is why I want to start working on replacing it. Especially if the shirt is more from the plains tribes. The intent was to aim more towards the north-east/northern tribes. From what I could find, Scots displaced from the Highlands ended up getting along well with the tribes in that area, and adopted the customs pretty easily given the similarities between the tribes and the clans. I'll keep an eye out for some trade blankets, there's always something going around. Sadly, I lack the skill and tools to make anything of my own, so any buckskins I'm trying to get would have to be bought from other makers.

Thanks for the insights, though! I really appreciate it!

Tuuwa, shoot me an e-mail so we can continue this discussion more in depth and keep this forum on-topic.

From the Northeast Tribal nations I have Ojibway, Abenaki, and Mohawk ancestors and would be honoured to assist you towards getting your setup correct.

Sure thing! I sent an email earlier today, hopefully it wasn't caught in a spam filter. They can be a bit overzealous sometimes.