The Loincloth Site's Talk Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 10 movies

I've been enjoying going through the movie list on this site, but there are so many. Anybody have a top 10, best loincloth movies list? My favorite of the ones I've watched is Emerald Forest -- both because of how extensive the loincloth use is, the style, and of course, the story.

Re: Top 10 movies

Thanks for the post ... it got me thinking that I should add my top ten films to the site as an extra feature ... will be hard to narrow down to just 10, but I do think The Emerald Forest will be on the list ... great film.

Karsten

One of my favorites is the red breechclout shown in the first few screenshots of Greyeagle. Something about the color of it really jumps out at me, and if I could find an authentic one, I'd snatch one just like it in a heartbeat. Same with the leggings shown in that movie.

I'm also drawn to the fur breechclout worn in A Man Called Horse, but I chalk that up to being drawn towards animal totemism. The belief that performing a dance or ritual while wearing something representative of an animal (usually a mask or headdress) can impart traits onto the performer. I think I shared a photo in a previous post of me at a reenactment wearing my coyote pelt that illustrates the idea, but it's common in more than just Native American cultures. Vikings for example, or even Bronze Age civilizations. Which is probably why I also find caveman-style fur tunics/loincloths quite attractive. Like the furs Ringo Starr wore in Caveman

I don't know about a top 10 film list to me but I always liked Jason and the Argonauts. The idea of wearing a brief loincloth in the open sun while sailing a ship always had a lot of appeal to me.